Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] NSC “This site uses cookies” notice - Help

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Every time I log onto NSC I get the “This site uses cookies” notice pop up. Despite choosing ACCEPT it continues to pop up each time I select a thread - every thread. Very annoying! Can any of you good people tell me how to stop this continual intrusion?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Same thing happening to me, not just every thread but (so far) every page of every thread.

Sorry can’t help but it even happened when I edited this reply.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone else raised this the other day - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375474-Cookies

As I posted there, this shouldn't happen if your browser is set up to allow cookies (as a cookie should be set to say "I've asked this before, so I don't need to again" but given a few people are raising it, it suggests something has changed somewhere. (I don't get it)

I'll ask the ad partner if they can take a look...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If this is happening to you, can you please post details of the device and browser you are using please...

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Someone else raised this the other day - https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?375474-Cookies

As I posted there, this shouldn't happen if your browser is set up to allow cookies (as a cookie should be set to say "I've asked this before, so I don't need to again" but given a few people are raising it, it suggests something has changed somewhere. (I don't get it)

Thanks Bozza, it’s really annoying. Only happens on my iPad. Both my iPhone and laptop are clear.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
biscuits/cookies

homemade-chocolate-chip-cookie-on-white-overhead-xxxl-picture-id157511634

Why are so many afraid of this food?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Only happens if I log in with phone or tablet but never on laptop.But, like the op said, it is every time on them.

Google chrome via Samsung tablet and phone.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Firefox has recently made some significant changes to the way it handles cookies and permissions and I am having a lot of pop-up requests. If you have the time and the interest, take a read through this before you decide if you want to be bothered with all this;

https://www.privacyinternational.or...e-how-menstruation-apps-are-sharing-your-data

I don't suppose it directly impacts too many on here, but the principles are quite important and it is worth pointing out " I don't use Facebook" means naff all in terms of what they can and do know about you.

Firefox cookie policy information see below; Google are also looking at tracking cookie restrictions in Chrome.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2019/...tracking-cookies-and-cryptomining-by-default/

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I had this problem a couple of days ago (iPad Safari). Not having a clue how to fix it, I tried turning the “block all cookies” on and off, which seemed to have the temporary effect of making me have to log back on to NSC each time I tried to change page, which was even more annoying. So I just stopped using NSC on my iPad for a while. And the problem just went away....poof!....just like that!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I had this problem a couple of days ago (iPad Safari). Not having a clue how to fix it, I tried turning the “block all cookies” on and off, which seemed to have the temporary effect of making me have to log back on to NSC each time I tried to change page, which was even more annoying. So I just stopped using NSC on my iPad for a while. And the problem just went away....poof!....just like that!

Take a look at this link for a relatively simple explanation.

https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/cookie-types

Session and persistent cookies make NSC more useable by remembering, what you have read and remembering who you have logged in as.
Third party cookies either help to pay the NSC bill, for which we should all be grateful, or take a free ride and help themselves to information, you may not want to share and or have commercially exploited.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Still asking on every page on safari iPad but ok after accepting cookies once on iPad google chrome...not sure if this helps.

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
Still asking on every page on safari iPad but ok after accepting cookies once on iPad google chrome...not sure if this helps.

Thanks for the advice - will give it a go. First things first though, being a complete numpty, how do I get Google Chrome on my ipad?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Not sure if its the same issue, but not only do I have to accept cookies every time I go on to NSC (only on my iPhone, not my laptop), but it also doesn't remember my log in (and yes i tick save).

Any idea what is going on as its only started happening in last few weeks, but is very annoying?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Try the three green, red and yellow shapes in a circle round a smaller blue circle icon thingy. I am numpty too, that’s the best explanation I can give, hope it works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here