NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn't have you down as a CCR fan HW. Here we go and here we go with another music thread :)

More nostalgia than anything else. That said, when I was 15, I was the singer in a little band based in Burgess Hill (we played the Clare Hall in HH once) that did covers, and this was one of the songs I (badly) belted out.
:lolol: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More nostalgia than anything else. That said, when I was 15, I was the singer in a little band based in Burgess Hill (we played the Clare Hall in HH once) that did covers, and this was one of the songs I (badly) belted out. And Quentin Tarantino managed to breath new life into it :eek:

Edit....not Tarantino. But [MENTION=25353]el punal[/MENTION] has of course reminded me of the movie where it deffo did feature :love::cheers:

More nostalgia than anything else. That said, when I was 15, I was the singer in a little band based in Burgess Hill (we played the Clare Hall in HH once) that did covers, and this was one of the songs I (badly) belted out.

Clair Hall, Rock'n'Roll. One up from the Martlets at Burgess Hill which I note has now been demolished. Saw Roger McGuinn (yes, that one) play a solo concert there. Perhaps another thread of big names at unlikely venues, for which I also put forward Hall and Oates at Crawley Leisure Centre?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Clair Hall, Rock'n'Roll. One up from the Martlets at Burgess Hill which I note has now been demolished. Saw Roger McGuinn (yes, that one) play a solo concert there. Perhaps another thread of big names at unlikely venues, for which I also put forward Hall and Oates at Crawley Leisure Centre?

Saw The Stranglers supported by Wire at Crawley Leisure centre and also, on a separate bill, Billy Connolly. Didn't realise Hall & Oates had played there too

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Subway Sect at Fulham Town Hall (worst acoustics at any gig ever)
Brinsley Schwarz (with Nicholas Drain Lowe on vocals) at Hove Town Hall
Love (with Arthur Lee) at the open air Canterbury Festival at Mount Ephraim, near Faversham. FFS!!!!

Saw The Stranglers supported by Wire at Crawley Leisure centre and also, on a separate bill, Billy Connolly. Didn't realise Hall & Oates had played there too

I well remember Hall, or possibly Oates, looking around the venue during "between songs" and wistfully commenting - "25 years in the business, Crawley Leisure Centre eh?" - good gig though - early nineties IIRC.

I well remember Hall, or possibly Oates, looking around the venue during "between songs" and wistfully commenting - "25 years in the business, Crawley Leisure Centre eh?" - good gig though - early nineties IIRC.

More recently, August BH Monday actually saw Richard Thompson at Rye St Mary's Church as part of the Jazz Festival. Perhaps not so unusual as they have some big names at that - I believe Jimmy Webb did an "audience with..." type show there this year.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

If you're talking about Crawley Leisure Centre, I saw Deborah Harry there

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I saw Dean Friedman at the Crawley leisure centre about 10 years ago - albeit in the small hall. He was brilliant though. As we all left he was standing outside shaking everybody’s hand and saying thanks for coming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here