Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottom 3 after the next round of fixtures?

‘Blunt’ scoring BHA on 6 points must be fair game to fall into the bottom 3 after next weekends fixtures?

Currently the table is:

15th BHA 6 points
16th Norwich 6 points
17th Newcastle 5 points
18th Aston Villa 4 points
19th Wolves 4 points
20th Watford 2points

No one gets relegated in September but without scoring or winning games - hard fixtures against Chelsea & Spurs coming up - it’s not looking good ...

Aston Villa v Burnley
Chelsea v BHA
Crystal Palace v Norwich
Wolves v Watford
Leicester v Newcastle

I think we’ll be 18th & after Spurs match 19th ☹️

Last edited:

el punal

‘Blunt’ scoring BHA on 6 points must be fair game to fall into the bottom 3 after next weekends fixtures?

Currently the table is:

15th BHA 6 points
16th Norwich 6 points
17th Newcastle 5 points
19th Wolves 4 points
20th Watford 2points

No one gets relegated in September but without scoring or winning games - hard fixtures against Chelsea & Spurs coming up - it’s not looking good ...

Aston Villa v Burnley
Chelsea v BHA
Crystal Palace v Norwich
Wolves v Watford
Leicester v Newcastle

And in other news experts have predicted the end of the world around lunchtime tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Currently the table is:

15th BHA 6 points
16th Norwich 6 points
17th Newcastle 5 points
19th Wolves 4 points
20th Watford 2points

Aston Villa v Burnley
Chelsea v BHA
Crystal Palace v Norwich
Wolves v Watford
Leicester v Newcastle

I know it sounds stupid but we are creating a lot more chances to score under the Potter regime and eventually this approach will pay off

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Both Spurs and Chelsea have only two more points than us. I'm sure that they'll both be top half by the end of the season, but both have had inconsistent starts. They will be favourites, but I'm not looking at those two games thinking that a Brighton win is completely out of the question as I did at the two away games at the end of last season.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I know it sounds stupid but we are creating a lot more chances to score under the Potter regime and eventually this approach will pay off

Fully agree and very much a fan of Potter’s approach. But one of the biggest disappointments from yesterday is the fact we had 71% possession but only had 3 shots on target.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If the worse happens, there are plenty of future games to gain the points needed for a comfortable survival season. I am more confident of this than CH tactics of 10 men behind the ball and try and hold on grimly for the last 2 seasons, at least away from home.

CH was brilliant and a legend of this club for most of his time here though.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Currently the table is:

15th BHA 6 points
16th Norwich 6 points
17th Newcastle 5 points
19th Wolves 4 points
20th Watford 2points

Aston Villa v Burnley
Chelsea v BHA
Crystal Palace v Norwich
Wolves v Watford
Leicester v Newcastle

Bet we're not...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Well that's that then, might as well resign ourselves to relegation.

I do worry about our resident miserablists. But they make me feel like a optimist so that's something.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Said this the other week. Once inside the relegation zone we wont get out of it under Potter. Not a problem on here because we play nice football

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well that's that then, might as well resign ourselves to relegation.

I do worry about our resident miserablists. But they make me feel like a optimist so that's something.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Our resident miserablists? Recap for the simpletons.
1 win in 6. Played only 1 team in the top 6 and was comfortably spanked.
The penny will eventually drop but by that time it's to late.
People are far more Interested in nice football even if it means going down.
This so called nice football has only produced one win while playing a lot of crap teams.

I guess the whole point of playing greater possession football is it makes us much more competitive against the top teams.

Let’s check in after the next two games to see if there is anything in that theory

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
1 win in 6....This so called nice football has only produced one win while playing a lot of crap teams.

2 losses in 6. 1 against the champions, 1 having played an hour with ten men.

We have the same number of points from this list of games as last year and a slightly better goal average. The only points we took from these six games last year were from two tight 1-0 wins against West Ham and Newcastle. We lost the other 4. The two wins last year could have easily been draws and the two this year could easily have been wins. Fine Margins as Chris always said.

Fine margins, because everyone in the division is very competitive. The 'crap teams' we have played have all managed to stay in the Premier League for as long as, or longer than we have. Given that everyone we have played finished above us last year, surely the base expectation level would be fairly low. What makes you assume that in the very early days of a new system we should automatically be beating these 'crap teams' and that not doing so means relegation?

It's never going to be easy in the Premier League, but the early signs are good. This is not about 'nice football', it's about steady improvement in all areas. So far, compared to last year, possession is better, chances created is better, expected goals is better, control of games is better, away form is better, fitness levels seem better, defending seems as good. The atmosphere in the stadium seems much improved and fan satisfaction with the direction in which we seem to be heading seems much better. What would you say is worse?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here