Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we definitely losing the next 2 league games then?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Heard it said a few times on here like the games are a write off.

I disagree. Apart from Man C & Lpool the league is as wide open as ever now. Under Potter we look far more likely to cause upsets. Yes, I’m sure we’re odds on to lose both but I’m not having it and think we won’t lose both - who’s with me?

And FYI:

Chelsea haven’t won at home yet this season and Spurs haven’t won away in the league since Xmas or something...

I believe.

2 points in 27 on the road is spurs form

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shirley's Chelsea are in a similar position to us, a young manager in his first season in the prem, bringing through young players from the reserves - I think this game could spring a surprise or two.
(ever the optimist)...
Well, history and current form against us plus a chasm of resources so yep, put me down for a 3-0 to the good guys!! ;)

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
No, we will probably lose because we have a small club mentality still in our DNA. There’s no history of us really playing these clubs let alone beating. Something in players mentality and club DNA, I think we’ll be star struck again. That and we just don’t score goals. Draws at most. love to be wrong. But going into the games on recent performances, nah. Not going to happen sadly. More admiration and ‘unlucky’ Brighton

Apart from the top eight clubs we are all small clubs, the Premiership is a two section league, if the also rans attempt to take the game against the elite then they are likely to be ripped apart, we do get the freak result from time to time but you cant stop the cream rising to the top

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don’t think that we have ever beaten Chelsea in the league, Saturday will see this change, you heard it here first

Pretty sure we have never drawn against them in the league either. All things have to come to an end eventually.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Chelsea haven’t won at home yet this season and Spurs haven’t won away in the league since Xmas or something...

Yeah, but runs like that are always* ended against us. See also: games without scoring (both individual, and team).

* the hyperbolic definition, of course. I'm sure one or two exceptions may exist.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Heard it said a few times on here like the games are a write off.

I disagree. Apart from Man C & Lpool the league is as wide open as ever now. Under Potter we look far more likely to cause upsets. Yes, I’m sure we’re odds on to lose both but I’m not having it and think we won’t lose both - who’s with me?

And FYI:

I believe.

"Chelsea haven’t won at home yet this season and Spurs haven’t won away in the league since Xmas or something..."
You forgot the word....'Yet' !

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Draw at Chelsea, win v Spurs. I'm drinking water.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Yeah, but runs like that are always* ended against us. See also: games without scoring (both individual, and team).

* the hyperbolic definition, of course. I'm sure one or two exceptions may exist.

One run ended...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One run ended...

You were incredibly quick (within minutes) to bounce this thread after defeat.... Yet not when it got proved correct!

As I thought... point proved - or 3 in this case :clap:

Where are all the fans saying we’d be in the bottom 3 now?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You were incredibly quick (within minutes) to bounce this thread after defeat.... Yet not when it got proved correct!

As I thought... point proved - or 3 in this case :clap:

Where are all the fans saying we’d be in the bottom 3 now?

It's a fair cop.

To be completely honest, I forgot about this thread. I don't know if I would have bumped it if I remembered, but yup, my general pessimism was wrong on this occasion. We got the win and their winless run goes on (maybe a little face-saving point to note I did say there are exceptions).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here