Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Singapore Grand Prix

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looked earlier and LH was 2nd Vettell 3rd just had another look and he is down to 5th and Vettell leading what has happened.to change this so dramatically.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Complete feck up by Mercedes I believe. Maybe Le Clerc and Vettel will have a coming together as Le Clerc is fuming at being undercut by Vettel.

Why they left Hamilton out for more than a lap when they saw the new tyre pace of other cars is a mystery to me.

Dullest race of the year by some margin, makes Monaco look exciting

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What a shit shit race, third safety car. Race over

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If the safety car is out I know they cannot overtake but can they close the gap to the car in front of them.

Yes

But at a circuit like Singapore [street circuit like Monaco] catching the car in front is one thing, overtaking it is something else.

Ferrari have managed to mess up Vettel's strategy, or Vettel has managed to make a driving mistake for the last 12 months. For a change Mercedes fluffed their strategy today.

With Bottas sitting second in the championship and finishing behind Hamilton today, Hamilton has extended his lead in the championship.

Agree, this was a very boring race.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
TBH even a complete non car person would know that a race round the streets of Singapore would be about as exciting as watching CCTV footage of the M25 in the dark for a few hours. . . . .There are only a handful of decent GP circuits left, Brazil being the next one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What a shit shit race, third safety car. Race over

After thrilling races at a couple of the historic circuits, we have to go back to this ridiculous pile of street race flood lit extreme excess load of crap. Same every year. The biggest surprise was that the first safety car took so long to come out.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Shocking race

It works more as an advert for the Singapore tourist industry, (and it does look amazing lit up at night).

Monaco should be the only street circuit as F1 can’t withstand with more than one dull race per year

There have been some decent races this year. If the Driver’s Championship was closer it would be an alright season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here