Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can't buy tickets

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone else having an issue purchasing tickets for the Villa game? I created and confirmed my digital account last week, but when I get to the basket and go to confirm my purchase. It then directs me to my profile page and tells me I need to update my details (which they already have). Fill in ALL the fields, but get an error message saying 'please update your profile'. So I can't buy a ticket. V frustrating. Do they actually want people to attend this game?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Anyone else having an issue purchasing tickets for the Villa game? I created and confirmed my digital account last week, but when I get to the basket and go to confirm my purchase. It then directs me to my profile page and tells me I need to update my details (which they already have). Fill in ALL the fields, but get an error message saying 'please update your profile'. So I can't buy a ticket. V frustrating. Do they actually want people to attend this game?

I think you need to log out of your old account and then log in to your digital profile. I had do something like that, but it was a few weeks ago so can’t quite remember the details

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think you need to log out of your old account and then log in to your digital profile. I had do something like that, but it was a few weeks ago so can’t quite remember the details

Thanks. I'll give it a go.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Errr have you tried phoning the ticket office? Not today obviously but first thing tomorrow morning>

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Having same problem, poxy ****ing website piece of shit

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Heads up the new website you need to log on to is worse than the old one! To set your date of birth you have to scroll back through every month from present day until you hit your birthday, 30 years for me! Only to find out you cant assign owners to the tickets at the end ffs useless

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Heads up the new website you need to log on to is worse than the old one! To set your date of birth you have to scroll back through every month from present day until you hit your birthday, 30 years for me! Only to find out you cant assign owners to the tickets at the end ffs useless

I thought that too....until I found the scroll back year button separately! Wasn't very clear !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do you have to clear cookies to remove your old details?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Now being told I have to link my ticket account to my MyAlbion account. Completely lost.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

I had exactly this problem when I tried to buy mine two weeks' ago. Nothing would cure it. I phoned up the club and they told me there was a glitch in the system, so they sold me the tickets over the phone and now all seems fine.
https://www.northstandchat.com/show...rname-Should-Only-Contain-Letters!&highlight=

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ta. It works now I have linked my Albion account to my ticket account. Not sure why this doesn't happen automatically.

To be fair this was explained when the club told everybody what they had to do four or five weeks ago. Although I know it was a right pain for some people at the time.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I had an issue where my own account and my Son's account were on the same email. I updated his, then it booted mine out as it was the same email address. It wouldn't play ball at all, despite many attempts with other email addresses. Most annoying as I'm pretty computer savvy and these things don't phase me much.

One call to supporter services, a few clickety-clicks on a keyboard - and it was all sorted. I've said it before, and i'll say it again, we have an absolutely brilliant supporter services department. Nothing is too much trouble for them, and most importantly - they get shit sorted.. immediately. :salute:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Quite often when dealing with IT Departments a code is used on the "job closed" paperwork/file to identify the cause of the issue. One of the more frequent ones is PICNIC. (Problem In Chair Not In Computer). This frequently occurs just after some kind of change. Obviously its not all the time(and may well NOT be the case this time) as glitches do occur, but in a lot of cases just slowly following the instructions step by step and referring back to them after each step prevents missing something.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Quite often when dealing with IT Departments a code is used on the "job closed" paperwork/file to identify the cause of the issue. One of the more frequent ones is PICNIC. (Problem In Chair Not In Computer). This frequently occurs just after some kind of change. Obviously its not all the time(and may well NOT be the case this time) as glitches do occur, but in a lot of cases just slowly following the instructions step by step and referring back to them after each step prevents missing something.

That’s valid if the years were between 1990 and 2010 however this seems a pretty poor user experience for 2019, over complicated. They asked to confirm one email address per STH 6 weeks ago, I did this, yet still my email address is not linked to my fan number in their digital ID system. Well why not? They know my fan number and my unique email address because I reacted to their instructions of 6 weeks ago!!
Smacks of cutting transformation corners.
As said through the guys and girls on the phones are excellent.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
That’s valid if the years were between 1990 and 2010 however this seems a pretty poor user experience for 2019, over complicated. They asked to confirm one email address per STH 6 weeks ago, I did this, yet still my email address is not linked to my fan number in their digital ID system. Well why not? They know my fan number and my unique email address because I reacted to their instructions of 6 weeks ago!!
Smacks of cutting transformation corners.
As said through the guys and girls on the phones are excellent.

Like I said, there may well be glitches and mine was a general (not specific to you) observation about IT changes generally, however the vast majority of people have managed the switch with no issues whatsoever, (myself included) and it was for me at least a very quick simple process. I am also of the opinion peoples expectations of what IT can do is about 5 years ahead of what it can actually do. Hopefully all is sorted now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here