Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My match report

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
For those who know, as knowing is knowledge and knowledge is power, or so I read once somewhere in a book in middle school one September around about half past two... well...

As i drove towards that dark place, where once (as the locals say) st James did dwell. The first birds of omen I spied were mere crows, or indeed rooks and no murderous omen in their name doth lie. Doth lie, lie, doth lie, doth lie...

The next I saw a sole sorrowful Magpie, and yet immediately to my left I witnessed a further twosome and then a further lone pie of cursed lore ... at this point (knowing not) the rhyme beyond three i took heed of the road and narrowly avoided rear ending a minibus full of (potentially angry) Geordies on their way to what they assumed would be a walk along the riverbank of Jesmond Dene...

Eventually after caressing a ticket rendering machine of modern (yet to be) yore... i railroaded myself voluntarily to what I assumed would be an abject lesson in self (semi religious) damnation.

Indeed I felt sure the gates (or indeed portal) to hell was about to be opened... for by sitting deep In the enemies proverbial trenches I began to feel a queasy unease grip my retched soul... I fixated on the the blue God and his ire, for Poseidon is quick to anger and ever-long to forgive... I need not have worried, for as Odysseus defied the will of the Gods and rose to the challenge of Titan himself I too endured.

As the battle commenced I bore witness to the culmination of an arduous journey, of a people hindered by self doubt and crippled by fatigue. I sat agog as from the ashes of the heroes of antiquity came a new age of tireless struggle, yet akin to Diomedes a longing to forge a new world was not for naught.

I was there, I was there when he gazed into the deep and spoke to the Gods, although I knew not the words that were spoke I saw the stars flash by and understood that our shared destiny was all.

No ironic punchline, no more the insipid joke.

Indeed the joke’s all in the telling, and the unhearing ear cares not a, no... not a jot.

This day I was embedded in the Geordies natural habitat... the sound of breaking glass, the respondent cheer, the 16 Year-old mother of three vomiting into an open sewer, a lone one legged Pigeon... I digress.

At 17:25 I was in a dark place of self doubt and rout potential.

Yet I need not have gravely feared.

We were peacock resplendent, we were the better half of a whole worth splicing in two.

And in the end, it is the one legged Pigeon who coos the loudest of all... for fear of near death, brings out the most fearsome fight of all.

Albion resplendent

Kosh

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The time of posting tells a story :wink:

No Rock Gods mentioned either :down:

Oh and it’s Four for a Boy, Five or Six would probably have been preferable

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Kosh lifted that whole piece from a song called ‘The Magpie Cryeth’ by seminal 1970s prog rock collective The Mists of Scapa Flow. Top bombing all round.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kosh lifted that whole piece from a song called ‘The Magpie Cryeth’ by seminal 1970s prog rock collective The Mists of Scapa Flow. Top bombing all round.

Excellent, over my head then. Prog Rock references are de rigueur in Kosh posts :thumbsup:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
We don't deserve it if we don't understand it.
It's like something by Hieronymus Bosch.

Final score
NUFC: One sorrowful magpie - BHA: A one legged pigeon.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

No he didn't. They were actually the sleeve notes of the triple concept album of the same name which was released in 1973.

The lyrics to the actual song are totally different.

Trivia: A little known fact about that album is that as a little in joke The Mists of Scapa Flow recruited children's tv presenter Mick Robertson as a guest musician to play Hurdy Gurdy on "The Magpie Cryeth", the in joke being that Robertson at the time was a presenter on the ITV children's TV show "Magpie". Robertson's connection to the band was that he had previously been friends with the band's drummer Ian Monkman at Midhurst Grammar School in the early 60s.

Robertson wasn't credited on the album under his real name due to contractual obligations regarding his role with ITV. Instead he appears on the album sleeve notes as Joachim Ide which was actually an anagram of the name of their headmaster at Midhurst Grammar.
A couple of years after his appearance on "The Magpie Cryeth" Robertson then went on to release an album under his own name "Then I Change Hands" which failed to chart.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....children's tv presenter Mick Robertson as a guest musician to play Hurdy Gurdy on "The Magpie Cryeth"

Robertson then went on to release an album under his own name "Then I Change Hands" which failed to chart.

I'm not bloody surprised. The day a Hurdy Gurdy album hits the charts I know we're all doomed!

PS : I do hope that album wasn't about tugging one out. ???

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
So where is the match report?

illustration-match-260nw-152434601.jpg

It was hot but only after it had been struck then the whole thing burned out. The goals of massive burning were never met.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I have no idea what is going on, but tfhis still my favorite ever 'just back from the match' thread, by some way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here