View Poll Results: RWB?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alzate

    23 53.49%
  • Montoya

    20 46.51%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    6,801


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but I was comparing Alzate with Solly rather than Montoya?
    Montoya didn't an excellent job in the Cup Semi-Final, to the point where Sterling switched to Bernardo (who also gave him nothing), so comparing performances against specific players doesn't work for me.

    I think Solly does not have as good a footballing brain as Alzate, even now. (and I like Solly).
    Montoya? We have to do better, but our main requirement is up front.
    Anyone arguing March is more intelligent football wise than Alzate is clearly mad. It doesn't matter how many games they've played- it's absolutely obvious.
    March is undoubtedly a talented lad but it's his decision making that is woeful.
    They're basically polar opposites- if Alzate had the natural ability of March he'd be in the England team already (or Colombia). And if March had the footballing brain of Alzate he'd have been an international years ago. Fine margins.
    How long? Not long
    Because what you reap, is what you sow.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,469


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Anyone arguing March is more intelligent football wise than Alzate is clearly mad. It doesn't matter how many games they've played- it's absolutely obvious.
      March is undoubtedly a talented lad but it's his decision making that is woeful.
      They're basically polar opposites- if Alzate had the natural ability of March he'd be in the England team already (or Colombia). And if March had the footballing brain of Alzate he'd have been an international years ago. Fine margins.
      Alzate hopefully has a good career ahead of him, mainly with us....
    • #13

      5 Not allowed!
      I've only seen Alzate for 90 minutes so I dont know enough to take any stance on the subject.

      I disagree with the "anyone except Montoya" stuff though. I think he is very decent. Not the best end product, but good at finding spaces and making himself playable, safe on the ball and rarely losing possession. Plus he is pretty quick which is useful in games where you want to overload on your right wing, especially since pace is likely to be Brightons major flaw this season.
    • #14
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bristol
      Posts
      6,801


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Harsh. Wasn't poor, just wasn't one of our best. Nobody was poor today.
      Dunno, this is big boy stuff now. Caught in possession more than a couple of times and caught out of postion more and you need to be on the bench.
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
    • #15

      0 Not allowed!
      "Wheeeeen weeee lose possession and I feel aggression, it's Montoyaaaaa!"

      (sorry, but it's true)
      - Small, Local, Old, and Particular are almost always better than Big, Global, New, and Abstract. -
    • #16
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bristol
      Posts
      6,801


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      "Wheeeeen weeee lose possession and I feel aggression, it's Montoyaaaaa!"

      (sorry, but it's true)
      Seems to be the only one who does it. Begs the question, if he didn't play would we ever give possession away?
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
    • #17

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Small View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Our team would be even better with better wing backs. Montoya is steady at best. Hope Potter can unlock a gem in January(not a fan of Schelotto).
      Valentino Lazaro, not sure if he could be enticed to go to BHA though, but I reckon he would be a great signing. Very quick, powerful and a good crosser.

      Anthony Caci from Strasbourg is a versatile young defender. Can play CB, RB, RWB and DM.

      EDIT: Just realised that Lazaro was signed by Inter in the summer!
      Last edited by hoof hearted; 21-09-2019 at 22:19.
    • #18
      Members studio150's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      On the Border
      Posts
      20,045


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Seems to be the only one who does it. Begs the question, if he didn't play would we ever give possession away?
      So Webster just passing out of defence to a ball boy under no pressure doesn't count.

      Also with the continued love fest with Burn as he looks good going forward from time to time completely overlooks his missed tackles or being out of position defensively.

      It seems to me that some have now moved on from slagging Stephens and for some strange reason Montoya has been given the mantle of the Albion player that the loaners can... well (unjustly) moan about.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
    • #19
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bristol
      Posts
      6,801


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So Webster just passing out of defence to a ball boy under no pressure doesn't count.

      Also with the continued love fest with Burn as he looks good going forward from time to time completely overlooks his missed tackles or being out of position defensively.

      It seems to me that some have now moved on from slagging Stephens and for some strange reason Montoya has been given the mantle of the Albion player that the loaners can... well (unjustly) moan about.
      Don't agree.
      Passing to a ball boy (which i saw) is very different to being caught in possession on the wing. I'm sure you've played football before, you know that. Compare Alzate- bought up at Orient, on debut, to Montoya- Barca, Valencia, Champions League etc and ask, is it good enough to be giving the ball away like this?
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
    • #20

      0 Not allowed!
      Loss of possession:

      Ryan 0

      Webster 1
      Dunk 0
      Burn 4

      Montoya 3
      Pröpper 2
      Stephens 2
      Alzate 5

      Mooy 6
      Maupay 2
      Gross 2

      Stats aint everything though and Montoyas pass completion ratio, 75%, is far from brilliant even if its not unusual numbers for players who have a majority of their passing attempts in a forward direction.
      Alzate 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •