Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Mooy is not a flashy player - mostly. He's a very steady player - wins a lot of ball and starts a lot of attacks, usually through sideways balls but can play a cracker of a 40 metre ball forward when he sees it.

He's the sort of player that team mates love but fans often find invisible. Take a closer look and be glad he's in your team.

He's a farking gem.

This x 1,000,000

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough I suppose.

There is however rumours that there’s already a deal on the table; and seeming Huddersfield are currently bottom of the Championship with 1 point from 7 games, I think the odds of Mooy being a Prem player with them next season are pretty slim.

Yeah, my reading of Warren's comments on commentary about the deal was that it wasn't the simple 'loan to buy' deal where it's a loan now with a transfer agreed for the end of the season because of finances, but more a circumstantial thing - if we stay up and they don't come up, then a deal would happen, if they come up he goes back, if we go down there's no obligation to buy sort of thing (maybe not so explicit, but in essence).

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Dale Stephens is not a flashy player - mostly. He's a very steady player - wins a lot of ball and starts a lot of attacks, usually through sideways balls but can play a cracker of a 40 metre ball forward when he sees it.

He's the sort of player that team mates love but fans often find invisible. Take a closer look and be glad he's in your team.

He's a farking gem.

edited for you - no need for thanks!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
so you wouldnt play alzate or bissouma much this season then?

If you added Mooy to the choice I would plump for Mooy with the other two making appearances from the bench but in Stephens and Propper we have 2 very good midfielders so their route to the team will be difficult, other than injury or suspension or possibly late substitute appearances. I wouldnt start with either given a choice.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I thought Mooy was excellent yesterday. Always available and his quick passing was superb. When he and Gross went off, we lost our way.

The first half and deep in to the 2nd was a joy to watch. Demonstrated by the home fans very loud boos at HT.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Amazing at Champ level whenever I saw him, gash at PL level whenever I've seen him. But I agree he could do well in Potter's system so the year to decide and try him out seems perfect situation.

Wouldn't be surprised if the terms of any potential deal included that we have to stay up and maybe that Hudds could turn it down if they come up straight away? He basically moved to us to be in the PL I think. Good thing is if he's garbage it might be his last chance to so he should be playing for a PL career.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’s very comfortable on the ball in tight situations which is exactly the type of player we need to play this style, all 11 need to be able to do it, which is the main reason Duffy isn’t starting.
He’s a very good squad option. Trossard walks back into this team though.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he was our best player first half and once he went off we lost control of the match and it became a far more end to end contest. Actually being there to watch the game does help of course...

He's not quite match fit which is to be expected. Our problem currently is our midfield options don't really want to run in behind which means we are playing in front of teams a bit. I don't think anyone had a poor game but by the same token no one was outstanding either. We dominated the ball but they created two clear cut chances to our one which is a concern. I cannot for the life of me see why Mooy is getting criticism, did Bissouma touch it without falling over? Neither are match fit and both deserve some patience...

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Thought he was our best player first half and once he went off we lost control of the match and it became a far more end to end contest. I cannot for the life of me see why Mooy is getting criticism.

It’s this in a nutshell for me, and he will only get better with more game time under his belt to increase his sharpness.
One of the reasons we get criticised for not scoring enough goals is that our midfield do not contribute with goals, which is a problem. If my memory serves me right, Stephens & Propper have only got 1 goal each in our previous 2 seasons. Mooy scored 7 for Hudds so clearly he could become more of a goal threat if he continues to play (with Stephens & Propper).
I know this will be controversial to some but when Trossard is fit i’d rather see Mooy play instead of Gross. I feel he can create just as much, if not more than Gross and he is certainly more mobile and pacey.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I know this will be controversial to some but when Trossard is fit i’d rather see Mooy play instead of Gross. I feel he can create just as much, if not more than Gross and he is certainly more mobile and pacey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49747685

"Pascal Gross has created 148 goalscoring chances in the Premier League, 80 more than any other Brighton player in the competition's history. Indeed, only Eden Hazard (182), Christian Eriksen (178) and Kevin de Bruyne (161) have created more chances in the Premier League than Gross since his debut in the competition in August 2017."

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49747685

"Pascal Gross has created 148 goalscoring chances in the Premier League, 80 more than any other Brighton player in the competition's history. Indeed, only Eden Hazard (182), Christian Eriksen (178) and Kevin de Bruyne (161) have created more chances in the Premier League than Gross since his debut in the competition in August 2017."

That is an amazing stat and to think he didn't have that great a season last year.

We have some decent options in midfield its finding the right combo that allows us to score from midfield too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here