Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
got to say i thought he looked great in the first half and good in second. our play certainly dropped when he came off.
i bot more fitness and he will add alot to the squad

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never liked him when he was at Huddersfield, so struggling to come to terms with trying to like him as one of our own.

He's not won me over yet.
When you say you didn’t like him at all ..in what way? The way he looked? Baldest? What was it about him

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Mooy is not a flashy player - mostly. He's a very steady player - wins a lot of ball and starts a lot of attacks, usually through sideways balls but can play a cracker of a 40 metre ball forward when he sees it.

He's the sort of player that team mates love but fans often find invisible. Take a closer look and be glad he's in your team.

He's a farking gem.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you say you didn’t like him at all ..in what way? The way he looked? Baldest? What was it about him

Just an irrational dislike. Aren't there opposing players down the years that you just dislike for no obvious reason?

It's my dislike, and I'm sticking to it though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just an irrational dislike. Aren't there opposing players down the years that you just dislike for no obvious reason?

It's my dislike, and I'm sticking to it though.

Yep me too.....and I thought up until yesterday evening that it was weird seeing him in our stripes.....but the performance against Newcastle changed it ..well for me

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In my opinion it was an odd signing. He didn't exactly set the premier league alive last season, granted, he was in a struggling side, but he is coming to us, who will be a struggling side (hopefully not as much of a struggle as Huddersfield). Factor in how he signed a new contract with Huddersfield before coming to us on loan, and it feels more like a move of convenience for him and Huddersfield. He keeps a premier league wage and the status as a premier league player, Huddersfield ease their wage bill and if they come back up at the end of the season, get a premier league player back.

If things don't work out for him, he can go back to a club that loves him and at which he is settled and considered one of their top players, and if they get promoted again he gets all that and can stay in the premier league.

So why is he going to give his all for us? Why when the chips are down and we're struggling for results is he going to knuckle down and fight for us? What does our success mean to him?

That was my main thought when he signed, and he hasn't really been given the game time to change my mind as yet.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In my opinion it was an odd signing. He didn't exactly set the premier league alive last season, granted, he was in a struggling side, but he is coming to us, who will be a struggling side (hopefully not as much of a struggle as Huddersfield). Factor in how he signed a new contract with Huddersfield before coming to us on loan, and it feels more like a move of convenience for him and Huddersfield. He keeps a premier league wage and the status as a premier league player, Huddersfield ease their wage bill and if they come back up at the end of the season, get a premier league player back.

If things don't work out for him, he can go back to a club that loves him and at which he is settled and considered one of their top players, and if they get promoted again he gets all that and can stay in the premier league.

So why is he going to give his all for us? Why when the chips are down and we're struggling for results is he going to knuckle down and fight for us? What does our success mean to him?

That was my main thought when he signed, and he hasn't really been given the game time to change my mind as yet.

Could this not be said about any loan player ever? :shrug:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Depends what's in his head and if he falls in love with us, could go either way hopefully works out with us

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

As an aside - how many players go on loan to a club above their own? Quite an unusual thing to happen I would think?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Could this not be said about any loan player ever? :shrug:

To some degree, it could. I don't think the wage issue or prem status is common when being loaned out. But the other aspects of not giving their all, I've had similar opinions with regard to loans like Lingard, Tomari, Brown etc. Loans where the club has no interest in selling and are just using lower teams to give players experience. But there are also loans where players are trying to earn a place in a new team, they're on loan because they are not wanted by the team that has loaned them out, they're trying to show the club they are with that they are worth taking on permanently and so give their all.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He can operate at this level. He’s just not what we need. We need a dynamic runner and shooter, to complement propper and Stevens

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He can operate at this level. He’s just not what we need. We need a dynamic runner and shooter, to complement propper and Stevens

We have one of those already.

DtnN2I4WoAAFS9n.jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
To some degree, it could. I don't think the wage issue or prem status is common when being loaned out. But the other aspects of not giving their all, I've had similar opinions with regard to loans like Lingard, Tomari, Brown etc. Loans where the club has no interest in selling and are just using lower teams to give players experience. But there are also loans where players are trying to earn a place in a new team, they're on loan because they are not wanted by the team that has loaned them out, they're trying to show the club they are with that they are worth taking on permanently and so give their all.

Fair enough I suppose.

There is however rumours that there’s already a deal on the table; and seeming Huddersfield are currently bottom of the Championship with 1 point from 7 games, I think the odds of Mooy being a Prem player with them next season are pretty slim.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We have one of those already.

DtnN2I4WoAAFS9n.jpg

Yep. I suspect the extent of biss and trossards improvement curves will be the difference between staying up or not this year.
At the moment biss still has a ‘potential’ vibe about him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We really need central midfielders to help out scoring or assisting. Not sure he offers more than Pröpper or Stephens.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if there are any revivals of the summer rumour of Propper going back to Netherlands for big money, possibly in January if a bid comes in and GP sees him as a replacement.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here