Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mooy

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
just got home from newcastle half hour ago. personally thought Mooy was our most creative midfielder though playing a bit further forward. Was suprised when he got subbed off. We moved the ball well and Mooy was one of the better players at that. A few quick thinking through balls from him. Dunno what possession we ended up with but it was 74% us at ht.

Pete Campbell

Aug 21, 2019
I thought a lot of our good play came through him. Would like to see him stay in the lineup but not sure about the balance with him and Gross. Connolly and Mooy behind Maupay would be interesting to see.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Decent player and will improve with more game play, one of only a couple of good players Hudds had.
Game didn't improve when he was subbed and let's hope GP spotted that too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great first half where a lot of our creativity went through him. Supported Alzate and made a lot of the space for our attacks. Does seem a bit too similar to Gross in that he can pick a pass and find space with ease but lacks the pace to drive at an opponent.

Gave the ball away too much in the second half when he looked increasingly tired and no surprise to me he was subbed.

All in all a good addition to the squad. If teams sit off us like Newcastle did then he'll create all kinds of problems for them. There will be games where pace is more necessary and in those I'd expect Bissouma to take his place. When Trossard is fit I can see him largely off the bench.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Decent player and will improve with more game play, one of only a couple of good players Hudds had.
Game didn't improve when he was subbed and let's hope GP spotted that too.

If Potter didn't (very unlikely), one of his coaching staff will have done-and will not be afraid to mention it.. We are very lucky having Potter and co running this club.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I thought he was decent last night, whilst we were dominating a lot went through him. Possibly made a few bad decisions in the final third, but so did everyone.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He was out of position tonight I felt. Will be a good squad player - needs a bit more time and some games in CM.

I agree, thought he looked a bit lost against Newcastle. Too often stood too close to our player who had possession, when he should be making sympathetic runs to create space.

Hopefully he will improve.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I thought he did alright, given he hasnt had much game time with us - linked up really well and didn't exactly do anything wrong.

Not sure how people are writing him off already or what they expect, but i think he will be useful for us.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Not sure where the low scores and criticism for Mooy are coming from. Thought he looked classy and composed and knitted the play together.

Think he has a big part to play this season and will add a few goals

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hasn't impressed at all. At the time of signing him i questioned it. Very meh

Not sure where the low scores and criticism for Mooy are coming from. Thought he looked classy and composed and knitted the play together.

Think he has a big part to play this season and will add a few goals
Because unless we win the board is full of muppets looking for scape goats, he played some delightful balls into the channels last night unfortunately we didn’t have Trossard or March in the side to take advantage of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Never liked him when he was at Huddersfield, so struggling to come to terms with trying to like him as one of our own.

He's not won me over yet.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I know I will receive pelters for this but I think he is a better player then Propper. Given a run he will add the creativity we need. Propper to me flatters to deceive, can’t get near to scoring and is pushed off the ball far too easily.
I realise that this won’t be a popular opinion with those who see Propper as a footballing god!

Send this guy to jail. Blasphemy if ever I've seen it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree, thought he looked a bit lost against Newcastle. Too often stood too close to our player who had possession, when he should be making sympathetic runs to create space.

Hopefully he will improve.

You're going to have to explain this one to me? Was he running over to them to give them a cuddle?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Thought he did well and will get gradually better as he gets more game time. I'd play him in the mid week cup game to help him get minutes on the pitch.
As others have said, can't see him and Gross together in the team very often. Looking forward to getting Trossard back.
Mooy may play more away games than home where packing the midfield is deemed a good defensive move.
Also noted that we tired at the end of both halves due to our pressing style. Think we'll need all squad players to help in the season so having four capable midfielders in the squad is a strength.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Thought he was excellent yesterday, how anyone sees it any differently is a shock to me. No coincidence that we lost a bit of control in midfield when he went off.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He was involved way more in the game than gross, and his close control, movement, positioning, tracking back and little one twos were excellent. The negative was how often he thought about a forward pass but then slipped it back to the defence or across to Stephens, i thought he could have been braver at times.

The one thing possibly missing from this new formation is the player willing to take on a player or two, we're trying to pass it through them every time and that's not the simplest. Not that I'm criticising mooy for not being that player, and I look forward to Trossard returning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here