Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings v Newcastle.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan - 8 - Didn’t have a great deal to do but made the saves he needed to. Some decent kicking too.
Dunk - 8 - Got in the way of everything and had an excellent game.
Burn - 6 - I love him but he was very sloppy today. Some awful touches and got turned too easily too often.
Webster - 7 - Better than Burn, not as good as Dunk.
Alzate - 9 - Brilliant debut, comfortable in a number of positions. A star in the making MOTM
Stephens - 7 - Good game doing the basics. Final ball/finishing still not great
Propper - 8 - A joy to watch, glides around so effortlessly
Montoya - 5 - Gets up and down well but his final ball was atrocious all day. Wasted a host of chances.
Mooy - 5 - Lacking match fitness and incredibly rusty
Groß - 6 Nice flicks and a couple of decent balls. That header was criminal though. Should have at least trouble the keeper.
Maupay - 4 - Just not his day. Worked hard but never challenged the keeper. Unlucky with the blocked shot.

Subs:

Connolly - 7 - Looked really Bright and an inch from a brilliant, brilliant winner.
Bissouma - 6 - Good to have him back. Think he’ll be big under Potter once he’s up and running
Bong - 4 - His inability to put a cross in his frustrating. Slowed down every attacked that goes through him

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Ryan - 8 - Didn’t have a great deal to do but made the saves he needed to. Some decent kicking too.
Dunk - 8 - Got in the way of everything and had an excellent game.
Burn - 6 - I love him but he was very sloppy today. Some awful touches and got turned too easily too often.
Webster - 7 - Better than Burn, not as good as Dunk.
Alzate - 9 - Brilliant debut, comfortable in a number of positions. A star in the making MOTM
Stephens - 7 - Good game doing the basics. Final ball/finishing still not great
Propper - 8 - A joy to watch, glides around so effortlessly
Montoya - 5 - Gets up and down well but his final ball was atrocious all day. Wasted a host of chances.
Mooy - 5 - Lacking match fitness and incredibly rusty
Groß - 6 Nice flicks and a couple of decent balls. That header was criminal though. Should have at least trouble the keeper.
Maupay - 4 - Just not his day. Worked hard but never challenged the keeper. Unlucky with the blocked shot.

Subs:

Connolly - 7 - Looked really Bright and an inch from a brilliant, brilliant winner.
Bissouma - 6 - Good to have him back. Think he’ll be big under Potter once he’s up and running
Bong - 4 - His inability to put a cross in his frustrating. Slowed down every attacked that goes through him

Maupay 4? Lead the line very well. Took up intelligent positions and tested the keeper first half.

Worth at least a 6 possibly more.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Potter= 10

Couldn't do anything more than set up a scenario where the team neutralised the opposition, dominated, and had plenty of chances to win.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Maupay 4? Lead the line very well. Took up intelligent positions and tested the keeper first half.

Worth at least a 6 possibly more.

Maybe I was a tad harsh but he missed some big chances. Maybe push him up to a 5, but don’t think he had a good game personally.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The only bad performance was Montoya for me (and Bong when he came on who so isn’t suited to Potters’ style.) I was one of the ones saying not signing RWB competition was a mistake and I think that’s been proved right. If we could have a real up and down classy RWB we’d be not far off there. And an Andone replacement - pace pace pace please.

Propper class again btw - Stephens too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gross was worse than Maupay?

Seriously?

Ryan - 7
Dunk - 9
Burn - 7
Webster - 7 -
Alzate - 8
Stephens - 7 -
Propper - 8 -
Montoya - 5 -
Mooy - 5
Groß - 6
Maupay - 5

Subs:

Connolly - 7 -
Bissouma - 5
Bong - 5

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
The only bad performance was Montoya for me (and Bong when he came on who so isn’t suited to Potters’ style.) I was one of the ones saying not signing RWB competition was a mistake and I think that’s been proved right. If we could have a real up and down classy RWB we’d be not far off there. And an Andone replacement - pace pace pace please.

Propper class again btw - Stephens too.

March and Alzate at WB when everyone is fit would be good. Both actually pose a threat going forward and are good defensively.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
March and Alzate at WB when everyone is fit would be good. Both actually pose a threat going forward and are good defensively.

Ooooooooh Alcatel is right footed isn’t he..? I hadn’t thought about this... what a muppet - I’m with you 100% :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ryan - 7
Dunk - 9
Burn - 7
Webster - 7 -
Alzate - 8
Stephens - 7 -
Propper - 8 -
Montoya - 5 -
Mooy - 5
Groß - 6
Maupay - 5

Subs:

Connolly - 7 -
Bissouma - 5
Bong - 5

I’d go with this except Maupay and Webster deserve more. Thought Maupay did well and was a 7.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ooooooooh Alcatel is right footed isn’t he..? I hadn’t thought about this... what a muppet - I’m with you 100% :thumbsup:

Yep, played RWB against Rovers in the Cup.

Would quite like to see Bissouma just behind the striker too after today. Things coming together nicely, imo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan 6 - safe handling very little to do.
Montoya - 5
Burn - 5
Webster - 7
Dunk - 8
Alzate - 9
Mooy - 6
Stephens 9
Propper - 7
Gross - 6
Maupay - 7

Connolly - 7
Bissouma - N/A