Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Newcaslle one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 210 79.2%

• Total voters

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Controversial?I asked a simple question.

There are people who think it's a silly question because it was so so-obviously one point gained, and others who think it's a stupid question because we definitely dropped two points. That's why it's interesting.

(I voted two dropped BTW)

It`s me who likes to be a bit contoversial . As do most of the more interesting posters on NSC.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Possession, corners, shots ...totally irrelevant. Goals are the only thing that counts. Score more than them !!

Its not irrelevant because dominating like that is very likely to pay off in the future despite not leading to anything today. But yeah, to someone who cant understand a broader perspective than their current emotions I could see that anything except the latest result is completely irrelevant to everything.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Its not irrelevant because dominating like that is very likely to pay off in the future despite not leading to anything today. But yeah, to someone who cant understand a broader perspective than their current emotions I could see that anything except the latest result is completely irrelevant to everything.

No. This is naive actually.
You saw our first half perfomance against Burnley i'm sure. We are now worse at home. Moreover, we never, ever, ever, ever, ever have 72% of possession, and if we do again this season i'll be very surprised. You HAVE to take your chances. Having 72% of possession is a serious chance. To simply arrogantly believe we'll have 72% in all future games is folly.

There are people who think it's a silly question because it was so so-obviously one point gained, and others who think it's a stupid question because we definitely dropped two points. )
Although the poll has confirmed my assumption that most would think it's 2 points lost, I was curious about the extent to which people thought this (currently 9 out of every 11). So, still of interest however obvious.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No. This is naive actually.
You saw our first half perfomance against Burnley i'm sure. We are now worse at home. Moreover, we never, ever, ever, ever, ever have 72% of possession, and if we do again this season i'll be very surprised. You HAVE to take your chances. Having 72% of possession is a serious chance. To simply arrogantly believe we'll have 72% in all future games is folly.

Good thing no one is believing that then!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
we played very well but lack of goal threat stopped us getting 3 points. Newcastle we awful to be fair. For this reason 2 points dropped. Although it is still a good point in any away game in this league imo.

I think Newcastle look a bottom 5 team so we missed a chance today.

We are back in a Gus phase of good passing football and that’s to be welcomed even though Gus became a dirty word on here.

So it’s about adding goals. Pleased that Murray is no longer Plan A, think Gross will probably be no longer an automatic starter too as we look to inject pace on the team. I’d be happy with a front 3 of Maupay, Trossard and possibly Bissouma.

Was really happy with Mooy today who should be a regular.

All in all a day of more positives than negatives but still plenty to work on - we need wins and goals from somewhere otherwise we will get sucked into a very bad relegation fight. All the promoted teams look strong

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So if we draw 0-0 at home to Watford it won't be two points lost?

It'll be disappointing, but without knowing more details of the match (do we actually threaten their goal with all our possession, or do we continue to be impotent in that final third for example?), it would be a point more than we had before the game and no less than we were on track for at any point during the game, so a point gained. Y'know, if they get two sent off in the first ten minutes, or we get three penalties, I reserve the right to change my mind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
History will show it as an away point gained (win at home, draw away and all that), but here and now?

Two points lost.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I am loving the new style of football under potter I just feel like its the same old story over the last few games we need to start being more clinical Infront of goal so it's two points dropped just like against Burnley

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whilst I don't have any problem with you're opinion regarding league status, if you compare us to Stoke, expect a visit, and a horses head, at best. Blasphemy is not tolerable. ;-)

I can't be arsed to check now, but I chose Stoke as for all their time in the Premier League they consistently only just limped over 40 goals scored.
I'm going to guess they once had an outlier season stopping me from writing 'always'.
But I bet their average for goals scored is somewhere between 42 and 46, and that's with a considerably better strike force than we've ever had, and seemingly ever likely to have.

Fingers crossed more performances like yesterday might actually make us more attractive to potential strikers.
Instead of them just using us as a bargaining chip to up their appearance fee for the Royal Oak at Lagness - How embarrassing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All that said it could be worse, we could be:-

Barcelona. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I can't be arsed to check now, but I chose Stoke as for all their time in the Premier League they consistently only just limped over 40 goals scored.
I'm going to guess they once had an outlier season stopping me from writing 'always'.
But I bet their average for goals scored is somewhere between 42 and 46, and that's with a considerably better strike force than we've ever had, and seemingly ever likely to have.

Fingers crossed more performances like yesterday might actually make us more attractive to potential strikers.
Instead of them just using us as a bargaining chip to up their appearance fee for the Royal Oak at Lagness - How embarrassing

Annotation 2019-09-22 050217.png

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
1 point gained.
Maybe this ball hogging is a French thing, just like Knocky.
'It is a team game' needs to be expressed more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here