Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Newcaslle one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 210 79.2%

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’m going one point gained.

Whilst we were CLEARLY the better side and should have won, it’s another performance to show that our new systems and personnel are working. This will only breed confidence.

Our luck will turn and we will start destroying some teams soon.

Our tactics last season relying on luck, resolute last ditch defending and a 35 year old club legend were just not sustainable. We really have something to build on now.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
It would have been two points dropped if we had had a glut of chances, but we didn’t. We had a few but we weren’t exactly pushing the ball over the line or cutting their defense to ribbons. We were playing keep ball in the middle. When burns and Webster push up out of the three we’re 6/7 in midfield which makes our dominance easier to achieve.

IMO this dominance masked a lack of presence up front. Therefore a point gained for me as despite being the better team we didn’t have what it takes to break them down.

That’s harsh. Strikers are selfish by nature, I think he’s looked decent and will prove to be a great signing.
I can see him getting between 12-14 PL goals and for a debut season that’s a good return and will see us comfortably safe...
With his back to the goal, he was superbly positioned to see two unmarked colleagues (one was Alzate) just a few yards in front of him, yet he chose to try and beat opponents right on top of him. I've seen selfishness as bad as that before, but in 50 years watching football I've never seen worse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two points dropped until the 80th minute but for the last 10 mins definitely one gained. I was convinced we’d get a late mugging

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
2 dropped to a very poor side. We look great until the final third when, today, we only seriously threatened from Connelly’s dink over the keeper. Really need to see the teams off around us!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I put 2 points dropped because we really should have won this on the 1st half showing alone. Ifs and buts I know but if Trossard had been fit we may have come away with the 3 points. I hope he is back soon. At least we didn't lose.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Played well but we are going to score less than last season playing like this.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It would have been two points dropped if we had had a glut of chances, but we didn’t. We had a few but we weren’t exactly pushing the ball over the line or cutting their defense to ribbons. We were playing keep ball in the middle. When burns and Webster push up out of the three we’re 6/7 in midfield which makes our dominance easier to achieve.

IMO this dominance masked a lack of presence up front. Therefore a point gained for me as despite being the better team we didn’t have what it takes to break them down.

Yes, agree with this, though you are perhaps a shade harsh. No trossard or Murray and so we had to field two inexperienced youngsters, who did, nonetheless do us proud. Encouraging performance for me, and yes, it is also frustrating to dominate, as we have done so often, and yet not get the 3 deserved points. But yet again we have shown so far that we are better than 5 other teams in "our league". I think there is more to come.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How long are we gonna keep saying we're playing great whilst not gaining points though

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
With his back to the goal, he was superbly positioned to see two unmarked colleagues (one was Alzate) just a few yards in front of him, yet he chose to try and beat opponents right on top of him. I've seen selfishness as bad as that before, but in 50 years watching football I've never seen worse.

I’ll have to watch that incident again and I will get back to you on that...

That aside, to put your mind at rest, he’s definitely not turning into the next Locadia and in my opinion has shown more than enough already to indicate that he will be our top man and our main goal scoring threat this season....

D

Deleted member 2719

Depends on how you define dominant.

Toon: 4 Shots on target.
BHA: 3 Shots on target.

Possession does not win matches, goals do.
I’d take 10% if we scored a few!

We had 16 shots to their 11 and we had one cleared when over half the ball was over the line with some amazing defending by them!

I don't think you would feel too comfortable watching 10% possession game though!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Point gained. They only looked dangerous when Caroll came o and changed there game. With Androne gone ang Murray with a niggle something we were unable to do. Thought there sub was outstanding and if stays fit will win a few games for them

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Point gained. They only looked dangerous when Caroll came o and changed there game. With Androne gone ang Murray with a niggle something we were unable to do. Thought there sub was outstanding and if stays fit will win a few games for them

Yes, I noticed him in an earlier match for Newcastle -big bustling lad with real pace.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Fecking hell Point gained? Based on what ? We dropped 2pts today because we were utterly toothless up front. The game should have been done and dusted at half time.

If you think that's a point gained then you are in for a long hard winter.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think you would feel too comfortable watching 10% possession game though!

I wasn’t last year, you’re right, but we will go down this season if we don’t start turning possession into goals. Once Trossard is back, the net will hopefully be bulging again, plenty of time to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here