Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He is so f***ing reliable.

Fills me with confidence whenever he has the ball, or whenever he is tracking back.

You just know that 9.5 times out of 10 he is going to do the right thing, even if the odds are against him.

Amazing awaresness of what is around him, and amazing composure on the ball.

Candidate for Player of Season so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is so f***ing reliable.

Fills me with confidence whenever he has the ball, or whenever he is tracking back.

You just know that 9.5 times out of 10 he is going to do the right thing, even if the odds are against him.

Amazing awaresness of what is around him, and amazing composure on the ball.

Candidate for Player of Season so far.

All of that, and he has a particularly fantastic knack of doing a quick turn away from trouble, or to create space.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO he is very overated as we are looking for a youngster to heap praise on as we are one of a very few teams in The Premier that he would get into. Ideal sub but not starter at the moment perhaps he will progress.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
IMHO he is very overated as we are looking for a youngster to heap praise on as we are one of a very few teams in The Premier that he would get into. Ideal sub but not starter at the moment perhaps he will progress.

He is still under the radar re getting into other teams to be fair,and why wouldnt a football forum heap praise on a player who deserves it.
And I have to disagree regarding being over rated.
This boy has been played in all sorts of positions on the pitch and hasnt once let the team down ,which in my book makes him very under rated.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He describes himself as an attacking central midfielder. To me he looks like a defensive midfielder. He should be competing for a place with Stephens and Propper.

BTW, I think Alzate has been brilliant in his breakthrough year

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Which do you consider his best position and one where we do not have better options?

he certainly isn't a right back!!!

play players in the correct position. Alzate has good technical ability and operates best in a central/midfield attacking role imo. He has quick feet and the ability to beat a man and open things up for others.........the kids a blessing, so play him where hes effective.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

Good job you aren't Steve's Grandad. He is a stylish and skilful player who has performed brilliantly in a range of positions. What more could you reasonably expect from such a young player?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
has performed brilliantly is an exageration as he has done the job expected when required with fleeting good moments, no more no less

Blimey BG has he shat on your dinner or something?

He is easily the best prospect we have that's come through so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here