Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't see anyone "big him up". He played well, got MotM, and rightly deserves the plaudits
But apart from that...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
What a lovely welcome.

At the time there was quite a bit of racism toward the English. I guess in the 80's there were quite a few coming here and be honest far to many were whining about how much better some things were back home. Its much better now, but there is no way I could get away with calling myself and Aussie (not that I would want to), if I was from any other part of Europe, sure, but not England. I am saying England as I think the Scots dont get the "pom" tag, certainly not the Irish, the Welsh I am not sure. But anyone with an English accent north or south is a Pom and a whinging one at that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the time there was quite a bit of racism toward the English. I guess in the 80's there were quite a few coming here and be honest far to many were whining about how much better some things were back home.
Have you not lived in England recently, meeting the visiting Aussies? Christ I find it hard to believe that the English could have matched their constant whining about how great paradise back home is.

Its much better now, but there is no way I could get away with calling myself and Aussie (not that I would want to), if I was from any other part of Europe, sure, but not England. I am saying England as I think the Scots dont get the "pom" tag, certainly not the Irish, the Welsh I am not sure. But anyone with an English accent north or south is a Pom and a whinging one at that.
Yeah, it's not an Aussie's best quality.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Spotted this on his Wiki page just now:

“Alzate is a diving cheat made his Football League debut as a second-half substitute for Sandro Semedo in Orient's 4–1 defeat at Stevenage on 28 February 2017.”

Palace goons do you reckon, or someone with a grudge against Orient? Anyhow, how can it be removed?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spotted this on his Wiki page just now:

“Alzate is a diving cheat made his Football League debut as a second-half substitute for Sandro Semedo in Orient's 4–1 defeat at Stevenage on 28 February 2017.”

Palace goons do you reckon, or someone with a grudge against Orient? Anyhow, how can it be removed?

Edit it yourself - anyone can edit Wikipedia pages.

(He does seem to be a diving cheat however. We can't turn a blind eye to our own if we criticise others)

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
He needs to learn to cheat better. Mahrez' legs buckled before (heavier) contact with Foster and it hasn't even been mentioned. Alzate needs to get closer to any goalie before slinging himself to the deck if he wants to convince refs he's been fouled.
Or sign for a big team.

I f*****g hate the cheating/cheats in games. It turned me away from football for at least ten years or so.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Anyone remember a young lad coming through in the 1970s? Everyone was raving on about this youngster bought from Burton Albion for a set of kit. He made his debut against the giants of Hereford! He didn't do too badly. Can't remember his name but he was MAGIC!

Hmmm I remember singing a song about him when I was a kid in the North Stand, " he shot. he scored, he must be ......" now how did the rest of it go. ???:lolol:

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Really exciting prospect, looked great in preseason and have been eagerly anticipating watching him play since Orient fans were raving about him on Twitter when the news of his transfer was posted.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the bigging up was by saying that he was MOM, granted he played well but was no better than Stephens (my MOM) or Mooy but there is no doubting he is a great exciting prospect with more to come. Just keep ours and his feet on the ground.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Apart from his obvious ability what stood out was his ability to deal with the physical demands of the PL...a couple of Newcastle players just bounced off him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here