Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
To kick on with his laon club is exactly what he needs to do. Get as many minutes on the pitch as possible. Bring him back for pre-season next year, and let's see what happens.

As someone else said, it's totally pointless to brink him back now to warm the bench.
You say that be we are only one or two injuries/suspensions away from not having enough centre midfielders available. Mac has already picked up a number of yellows, Moises had an injury scare and didn't look his best on Saturday. We may be calling up the U23s to the bench very soon.

I actually think he is worth a place in the squad and has never let us down when he has played

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You say that be we are only one or two injuries/suspensions away from not having enough centre midfielders available. Mac has already picked up a number of yellows, Moises had an injury scare and didn't look his best on Saturday. We may be calling up the U23s to the bench very soon.

I actually think he is worth a place in the squad and has never let us down when he has played

I am not saying that he wouldn't help out and be an asset numbers wise, certainly on the bench, but in terms of his future development and his value to the club, Alzate needs guaranteed minutes on the pitch.

He is 24 now, and not a youngster anymore, but for me these past couple of seasons or so he has stagnated, he needs the chance to show us all what he is capable of. Spending a lot of time looking on from the bench won't give him the chance to do that.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I don't think we sent him out on loan on the assumption that 1 injury/absentee was going to require his recall. It is very sad for Mwepu, but we still have Caicedo, Mac A, Gross, Gilmour, Lallana covering 3 midfield spots who at the start of the season were all considered to be ahead of Alzate hence he went out on loan. So we'd need 2 more out to suspension/injury of that 5 before we start panicking, and even then you might revert your tactics to suit availability and not need 3 across the midfield. In any event, 8 games until January, so can leave Alzate picking up valuable game time until then and if Moder is still looking some way off, review whether a recall is appropriate in the new year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Lallana, Gilmour, Caicedo, Mac Allister, Gross, Sarmiento to get us through the 8 games before January. Probably enough ? When i'm sure the club will be taking a view given Moder's return (Feb ? ), Mwepu gap, Alzate return ? , new player ? Its a massive blow for RDZ and everyone of course - but putting that aside - hardly a midfield crisis.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Took time for his work permit to come and he's only been available for two games. Started on the bench in the first one - as it was less than 48 hours after starting for Colombia - and played 90 minutes in the second.

No problem getting into that side. He'll play every game if he's fit.
Good news (double quote didn't seem to work. Either that or I did it wrong..................)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Steven didn't start today unfortunately as they opted for another man at the back.

Game ended early because the Anderlecht fans weren't too happy with how things were going:

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Steven didn't start today unfortunately as they opted for another man at the back.

Game ended early because the Anderlecht fans weren't too happy with how things were going:

Sure it was only for the €€€ but I wonder if Felice Mazzù regrets leaving Union...​

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sure it was only for the €€€ but I wonder if Felice Mazzù regrets leaving Union...​

He probably does.

Quite eventful game this. Game abandoned in the 56th minute, then restarted a few minutes later before it was abandoned again, permanently this time.

After the game, one of the Standard players proposed to his girlfriend:

... and then Anderlecht players couldn't go home for hours because their fans - quite unhappy - were waiting outside the stadium. The Standard fans also stayed, and the two fan groups were apparently throwing flares at each other.

For Mazzu it obviously means he is gone. Results have been poor but more importantly it won't be possible to guarantee his safety unless he leaves. Sad situation really.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Any news on how Alzate's loan spell is going? Looks like he's made 5 apps so far.
The only Standard Liege game I have seen since Alzate went on loan he was on the bench...and was then abandoned. Anyway, KO at 3 on Sunday home to Union so possibly Alzate v Adingra...shame it clashes with the Albion this weekend.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In any event, 8 games until January, so can leave Alzate picking up valuable game time until then and if Moder is still looking some way off, review whether a recall is appropriate in the new year.
We don't have any choice about leaving him there until January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here