Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great to know Potter and Alzate definitely haven’t fallen out. This thread took a turn for the best. Expect to see him playing Sunday at some point...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s OK, I really don’t mind being panned. I asked it as a question because I didn’t want to provoke or offend anybody. But I have heard from a reliable source that his absence has been due to a fairly serious falling out. I don’t want to upset the apple cart, or offend the player or the boss, but that’s it, in a nutshell. I would love him to be playing, I have found his absence totally baffling, and when I heard this, it all added up. His fast-paced rise like Bissouma was well earned. And he has clearly not been injured. Football is a murky world, and this troubled me.

Why was he on the bench rather than Molumby in the last game ? If the falling out was that serious he’d be in the U23s or not mentioned anywhere.

As for injury, he had surgery in (?) July that clearly derailed the progress you refer to. Maybe those assessing him and seeing him in training every day aren’t 100% convinced he’s fully recovered yet...........maybe they can’t accommodate him within the current tactical setup......who knows.

Oh wait, you do, of course [emoji106]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I’ll post this as a question (because I really don’t want people crawling all over me shouting source? source?). But the question is this, is it at all conceivable that GPott and Alzate have fallen out, and at the root of the issue might be his decision to travel and take up his place in the Colombia squad recently?

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

Dr. No

Nov 28, 2016
I’ll post this as a question (because I really don’t want people crawling all over me shouting source? source?). But the question is this, is it at all conceivable that GPott and Alzate have fallen out, and at the root of the issue might be his decision to travel and take up his place in the Colombia squad recently?

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

No.

what does anyone think of his performance yesterday? seemed a bit rusty and was getting walked over by Indeedi. (i was becoming a bit sick of hearing that name and kept saying "Indeed he do"!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good question. I'm not sure he fits so well in the new order, he must be further down the pecking order than Propper and AJ neither of whom have had a sniff this year

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's only 22 isn't he? Think playing all positions last year might have hampered his chances as well as the injuries early on. Think he is a decent 'baller' but did lack end product / decisive passing when he had a good run in the side so not sure if he is any better (at the moment) than other players. I'd keep him given his age and long contract, as not sure we'd get much for him any way

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have said before that young players less likely to get a run of games all time every game we play we are desperate for points. Moder only playing because no LWB and Alzate looked poor in that position. Still think would be good CM but we have lots of other players there

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think every club needs a utility player or 2, and seeing as he can play in a number of positions there's some worth in keeping him. To different levels he's capable of playing centre mid, full back, or wing back. Being in & out of the teams means his development is stagnated but seeing he's only 22 & has time on his side to improve I would be keeping him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The boy is still learning. No way would anybody have predicted where Bis would end up based on his first year and a half. In some early games Alzate looked fantastic in the middle, then went off with Colombia then never really got his place back. Still plenty of time for him and would much rather he was coming off the bench than AJ!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have said before that young players less likely to get a run of games all time every game we play we are desperate for points. Moder only playing because no LWB and Alzate looked poor in that position. Still think would be good CM but we have lots of other players there

We're possibly going to be a bit crowded in CM next season - Biss, Lallana, Moder, MacArgie, Caicedo, Alzate and Molumby all wanting to play. Even if we do sell off Biss, it'll still be a problem deciding who to leave out! Probably another season before we have to worry abut how to fit in Jenks and Richards!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He is the biggest loser this season I think. He was such a key part of the team early on, but for some reason he lost his position and since then Gross has had a spell in his place and now Lallana is ahead of him. It's such a shame, I think he's a brilliant midfielder with the drive and passing range of Lallana and the defensive instincts of Bissouma. But he's slightly worse at each of those things than the player ahead of him. I'm a big fan of Alzate and I'm frustrated, disappointed and surprised he's so out of the picture.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm surprised Rangers haven't come calling. Like Goldson before him, a decent player surrounded by other, quality options.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why would we get rid of Alzate when we have a 32 year old injury-prone midfielder and someone who is probably going to be sold for a lot more this summer in the team ahead of him?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It's a squad game – and he remains a key part of that squad. As we've seen numerous times this season (such as Veltman, Gross and Sanchez) you never know when you're going to be called upon and all of a sudden become 'undroppable'.

If sold, there's no guarantee that wherever he went he'd be a guaranteed starter week-in, week-out.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
He's not looked as good this season as last...but still based on what we saw when he burst on the scene confident he'll be next season's Bissouma.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here