Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It’s Newcastle. Jake Forster Caskey looked good again then too.

This. One good game against the second worst side in PL proves nothing except he had a good game against the second worst side in PL.

Why do we always have to big up players on back of ONE game? Search for Florin Andone post the wonder goal for more of the same. Or try 'KLL breakout season'. How true those were.

Can we just please sit on our hands for 20-30 games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This. One good game against the second worst side in PL proves nothing except he had a good game against the second worst side in PL.

Why do we always have to big up players on back of ONE game? Search for Florin Andone post the wonder goal for more of the same. Or try 'KLL breakout season'. How true those were.

Exactly. He has a very promising career ahead of him after a terrific debut. But that is all at this stage. Kid can do without the hyperbole.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I saw him and Conolly at Bristol Rovers impressed then just hope they are managed well. It's been a long time any youngsters have had a chance in the first team.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

I don't see anyone "big him up". He played well, got MotM, and rightly deserves the plaudits

Jul 5, 2003
All nonsense. Just a player signed for the black hole of the u23's, nothing will come of him, we should be signing properly tried and tested premier league players

Anyone remember a young lad coming through in the 1970s? Everyone was raving on about this youngster bought from Burton Albion for a set of kit. He made his debut against the giants of Hereford! He didn't do too badly. Can't remember his name but he was MAGIC!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Saw him play 5 times at Swindon. Absolutely cocky little shit.
Today in the first half at least twice he passed hen he could of shot. When he gets confident he is gonna be a deadly mother****er.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Anyone remember a young lad coming through in the 1970s? Everyone was raving on about this youngster bought from Burton Albion for a set of kit. He made his debut against the giants of Hereford! He didn't do too badly. Can't remember his name but he was MAGIC!

You forgot to mention “Division 3”

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
When I first arrived in Australia I kept hearing comments like "Great another whinging Pom" I didn't really understand what they where on about. But some of the people commenting in this thread are just that, whining, whinging ****ing poms. So what that his debut was against Newcastle, Man City they might not be, but newsflash they are at present the 17th best team in the country. FFS people be happy about something, take positives from this, he was flipping good and he is still learning.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If saying he is ' a star in the making' per OP isn't bigging him up, what is?

Couldn’t give a shit if it’s ‘bigging him up’, he deserves it up. A lot of coaches and scouts have spotted a talent within minutes of him coming on a pitch (or even warming up - Barry Lloyd/Glenn Murray!).

That first 45 minutes showed all you should need to know that he is going to be a player. It’s not just about his ability but his attitude on the pitch. Lots of talented players freeze out there but he was demanding the ball from and mixing it with vastly more experienced players from kick off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He can’t be as good as Jurgen Locadia and Florin Andone. I know that because so many people on NSC told me Graham Potter was clearly crazy to let those two leave.

Why would you try to compare the merits of a midfielder to those of two strikers? Seems a pretty futile idea to me - like, is he a better goalkeeper than Maty? Pretty stupid comparison really, wouldn't you agree?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Like whom?

Well, leaving aside Andone and Locadia, who perhaps Hughton didn't fancy any more than Potter did, there's Knocky, Duffy and Bernardo for starters. I don't know if it's possible to fancy Ali J. less than Hughton did, but .................................

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

£4000 he cost, that's a lot of kit in the 70's

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Well, leaving aside Andone and Locadia, who perhaps Hughton didn't fancy any more than Potter did, there's Knocky, Duffy and Bernardo for starters. I don't know if it's possible to fancy Ali J. less than Hughton did, but .................................

I'm pretty sure Bernardo was the greatest player of all time for a week or two. I know Knocky was and Duffy regularly was (and will be again)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here