Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have they been in the Championship playoffs for most of the last 8 seasons then? Not interested in history just the fact that Derby fans have suffered big time over the last few years in the Championship playoffs. I feel their pain, their choking must be very dispiriting
    Appreciate that, the bigger picture suggests Derby fans aren’t that hard done by in the grand footballing scheme imho.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members mikeyjh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Llanymawddwy
      Posts
      3,346


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Having been in the playoffs so many times ourselves and felt the heartbreak until we eventually went up, I really feel fo Derby fans.
      Don't worry about it! They're a non fickle bunch who just keep turning up and live for days like today :-)

      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But not for every other football fan. The longer they stay down the better.
      Beauty of football in a few seconds, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. They'll stay down, run out of steam in about February....
    • #13
      Unregistered Abuser lizard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Posts
      2,563


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have they been in the Championship playoffs for most of the last 8 seasons then? Not interested in history just the fact that Derby fans have suffered big time over the last few years in the Championship playoffs. I feel their pain, their choking must be very dispiriting
      Do they still boo off injured players?
    • #14
      Members mikeyjh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Llanymawddwy
      Posts
      3,346


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Palacefinder General View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Really? A historically successful club who have won trophies and eaten at the top table more than enough. I’d love to hear your ‘feelings’ about Colchester, Wrexham, Bury, Rochdale etc. fans.
      I have some sympathy with your point with regard to Bury, we're just in a league 1 below many of our fans would say we 'belonged', no biggie. To have your club taken away like that, that's heartbreaking - There were some on here who lacked a lot of empathy with Bury, found that really surprising.
    • #15
      Dangerous Idiot Justice's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Born In Shoreham
      Posts
      7,953


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have they been in the Championship playoffs for most of the last 8 seasons then? Not interested in history just the fact that Derby fans have suffered big time over the last few years in the Championship playoffs. I feel their pain, their choking must be very dispiriting
      Dickhead fans booing March after a serous injury, racially abusing CG in the stands and you feel sorry for them
      You make me
    • #16
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      51,418


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Dickhead fans booing March after a serous injury, racially abusing CG in the stands and you feel sorry for them
      What ALL of them?

      We have our fair share of dickhead fans too
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #17
    • #18

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What ALL of them?

      We have our fair share of dickhead fans too
      Remember quite a few of ‘em booing the Bournemouth player after Knockeart’s two footed lunge last season.
    • #19
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      51,418


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by redoubtable seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Remember quite a few of ‘em booing the Bournemouth player after Knockeart’s two footed lunge last season.
      And the Saints player after Andone got sent off
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #20
      Members mikeyjh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Llanymawddwy
      Posts
      3,346


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Dickhead fans booing March after a serous injury, racially abusing CG in the stands and you feel sorry for them
      As I've asked each time this gets mentioned, what did happen with that? On a more serious note, I don't doubt that Derby, like every other club, has some racist fans but I can put my hand on heart and say that in 40 years of following them and well over 1,000 games, I can't recall a single instance of racism amongst our fans. Given that we have a good number of black and asian fans, I suspect it would be quickly snuffed out.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •