Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship football 2019/20

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having been in the playoffs so many times ourselves and felt the heartbreak until we eventually went up, I really feel fo Derby fans.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Having been in the playoffs so many times ourselves and felt the heartbreak until we eventually went up, I really feel fo Derby fans.

Really? A historically successful club who have won trophies and eaten at the top table more than enough. I’d love to hear your ‘feelings’ about Colchester, Wrexham, Bury, Rochdale etc. fans.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really? A historically successful club who have won trophies and eaten at the top table more than enough. I’d love to hear your ‘feelings’ about Colchester, Wrexham, Bury, Rochdale etc. fans.

Have they been in the Championship playoffs for most of the last 8 seasons then? Not interested in history just the fact that Derby fans have suffered big time over the last few years in the Championship playoffs. I feel their pain, their choking must be very dispiriting

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Have they been in the Championship playoffs for most of the last 8 seasons then? Not interested in history just the fact that Derby fans have suffered big time over the last few years in the Championship playoffs. I feel their pain, their choking must be very dispiriting

Appreciate that, the bigger picture suggests Derby fans aren’t that hard done by in the grand footballing scheme imho.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Don't worry about it! They're a non fickle bunch who just keep turning up and live for days like today :)

But not for every other football fan. The longer they stay down the better.

Beauty of football in a few seconds, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. They'll stay down, run out of steam in about February....

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Do they still boo off injured players?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

I have some sympathy with your point with regard to Bury, we're just in a league 1 below many of our fans would say we 'belonged', no biggie. To have your club taken away like that, that's heartbreaking - There were some on here who lacked a lot of empathy with Bury, found that really surprising.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dickhead fans booing March after a serous injury, racially abusing CG in the stands and you feel sorry for them :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Dickhead fans booing March after a serous injury, racially abusing CG in the stands and you feel sorry for them :shrug:

What ALL of them?

We have our fair share of dickhead fans too

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

As I've asked each time this gets mentioned, what did happen with that? On a more serious note, I don't doubt that Derby, like every other club, has some racist fans but I can put my hand on heart and say that in 40 years of following them and well over 1,000 games, I can't recall a single instance of racism amongst our fans. Given that we have a good number of black and asian fans, I suspect it would be quickly snuffed out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here