Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Major fire at the top of Pankhurst Avenue.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A friend of mine lived there with her other half and their 2 month old daughter. They are all safe but have lost everything. Incredibly lucky that no one was hurt looking at the videos of the fire. Please give what you can anything will help those who have lost everything.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm sure lots of people will contribute but doesn't anybody have contents insurance?

Desperate for them to lose everything but my thoughts exactly, surely they have contents insurance. If these are private leasehold properties then there should be no reason why residents don't have insurance. Can't replace heirlooms etc but policy should cover temp accommodation and replacing contents.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure lots of people will contribute but doesn't anybody have contents insurance?

Contents insurance is really not expensive so should be in most peoples budget.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Contents insurance is really not expensive so should be in most peoples budget.

I'm sure they do, but this happened last night and these people need help now. They are homeless and have absolutely nothing.

Contents Insurance claims will come later.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure they do, but this happened last night and these people need help now. They are homeless and have absolutely nothing.

Are they council properties? Are private rented? Are they owned? In answer to all those questions then buildings insurance covers such events and they are therefore covered for accommodation as the insurance cover, covers such things. Contents insurance covers immediate things such as clothes etc and help is rapid.

I understand help may be needed last night and rolling over the weekend but without wishing to sound really harsh the vast majority of people should have insurance for such an event.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Are they council properties? Are private rented? Are they owned? In answer to all those questions then buildings insurance covers such events and they are therefore covered for accommodation as the insurance cover, covers such things. Contents insurance covers immediate things such as clothes etc and help is rapid.

I understand help may be needed last night and rolling over the weekend but without wishing to sound really harsh the vast majority of people should have insurance for such an event.

Owned by Guinness Trust.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Owned by Guinness Trust.

A large organisation then who not only will have insurance to cover this event but also a support procedure to help those involved, good.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Insurance kicks in the minute a phone call is made. Hotel accommodation for people made homeless & clothing provided.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Desperate for them to lose everything but my thoughts exactly, surely they have contents insurance. If these are private leasehold properties then there should be no reason why residents don't have insurance. Can't replace heirlooms etc but policy should cover temp accommodation and replacing contents.

It’s obviously prudent to have insurance but I have no idea of these resident’s financial situation. If you’re living on the breadline, like many people are, insurance might not be at the top of your priorities.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s obviously prudent to have insurance but I have no idea of these resident’s financial situation. If you’re living on the breadline, like many people are, insurance might not be at the top of your priorities.

This. Very often the poor make the decision not to take out contents insurance to save a couple of hundred quid.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This. Very often the poor make the decision not to take out contents insurance to save a couple of hundred quid.

My insurance for contents insurance for a four bed home is £68.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite. And if you don’t have much to insure, this might also play a part in the decision making.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here