Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 591
  1. #541
    Members
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beaminster, Dorset
    Posts
    2,663


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is; some of these people who see the game better actually donít. At all.

    They base their entire judgement of the game on the final score. They donít understand nuance, let alone see it. We drew 0-0 so today was bad. They donít take anything else in to consideration. They donít look at the fact we were missing numerous first team players, they donít look at the excellent debut from a youth team player who had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside. They donít look at the fact that our 19 year old wonder-kid was denied an excellent first goal by a ludicrously good piece of defending. They donít see and understand the massive spike in performances this season. They just see the result, they donít understand anything more than 0-0. Thereís no point them even watching the game, itís just moving images and whitenoise.


    These idiots could sit and read Animal Farm and come away thinking it was a book about talking pigs.
    Wow. Some people don't understand 0-0 against a crap team doesn't cut it. Some people don't understand that 75% possession or being in top 6 of Xg league gets you nowhere. Two goals in 5 games (4 of which were winnable against bottom 14) ain't enough, nowhere near enough. What is there to understand about that?

    Don't shoot. I am a believer; it will probably be alright. The system will adapt enough to get us goals; Trossard will return; we shall get a little luckier perhaps. But FFS don't lets pretend that it is OK now. It simply isn't.

    And Animal Farm is about talking pigs.





    It's a balance.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #542
      'The' Yaztromo Kosh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest
      Posts
      3,323


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN41Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not bad for Saturday evening on telly
      Agreed - out sung the Geordie massive too ! Wish I could have been with them.

      Iím immensely proud tonight.

      Dale Stephens, Mooy and Propper were truly superb too.

      DS amazed me - unshackled (ahem)
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
    • #543
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Plymouth
      Posts
      9,235


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Agreed - out sung the Geordie massive too ! Wish I could have been with them.

      Iím immensely proud tonight.

      Dale Stephens, Mooy and Propper were truly superb too.

      DS amazed me - unshackled (ahem)
      Funny that, if you didn't watch the match on telly, you would have thought Propper had a stinker and should have been pulled off (fnarr fnarr) instead of Mooy.
      Maybe I should not take the match day thread as gospel.
    • #544
      'The' Yaztromo Kosh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest
      Posts
      3,323


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wow. Some people don't understand 0-0 against a crap team doesn't cut it. Some people don't understand that 75% possession or being in top 6 of Xg league gets you nowhere. Two goals in 5 games (4 of which were winnable against bottom 14) ain't enough, nowhere near enough. What is there to understand about that?

      Don't shoot. I am a believer; it will probably be alright. The system will adapt enough to get us goals; Trossard will return; we shall get a little luckier perhaps. But FFS don't lets pretend that it is OK now. It simply isn't.

      And Animal Farm is about talking pigs.
      As I was there, as I was last season - we were FAR better. Sure, they were worse but we made them so.

      I realise we’re not world beaters, but there is cause for reasonable positivity - sitting in Gosforth right now, we’ll i’m on cloud nine.

      We belonged today, you know, in the PL... and that is an encouraging thought.

      Now, don’t get all angry and remember...

      Peace be the journey.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
    • #545

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by warmleyseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wow. Some people don't understand 0-0 against a crap team doesn't cut it. Some people don't understand that 75% possession or being in top 6 of Xg league gets you nowhere. Two goals in 5 games (4 of which were winnable against bottom 14) ain't enough, nowhere near enough. What is there to understand about that?

      Don't shoot. I am a believer; it will probably be alright. The system will adapt enough to get us goals; Trossard will return; we shall get a little luckier perhaps. But FFS don't lets pretend that it is OK now. It simply isn't.

      And Animal Farm is about talking pigs.
      There's lots to understand about that.

      But I would begin with trying to grasp that Animal Farm is not about talking pigs.
    • #546
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      8,505


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The problem is; some of these people who see the game better actually donít. At all.

      They base their entire judgement of the game on the final score. They donít understand nuance, let alone see it. We drew 0-0 so today was bad. They donít take anything else in to consideration. They donít look at the fact we were missing numerous first team players, they donít look at the excellent debut from a youth team player who had a goal ruled out for a marginal offside. They donít look at the fact that our 19 year old wonder-kid was denied an excellent first goal by a ludicrously good piece of defending. They donít see and understand the massive spike in performances this season. They just see the result, they donít understand anything more than 0-0. Thereís no point them even watching the game, itís just moving images and whitenoise.


      These idiots could sit and read Animal Farm and come away thinking it was a book about talking pigs.
      You have no idea
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
    • #547
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Plymouth
      Posts
      9,235


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There's lots to understand about that.

      But I would begin with trying to grasp that Animal Farm is not about talking pigs.
      Do the pigs in Animal Farm talk?
    • #548
      A tad aggressive.
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Not in Whitechapel
      Posts
      1,948


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You have no idea
      Coming from you, I’ll take that as a compliment.

      You grew out of your weirdlittle phase of referring to NSC users by the real names to show how cool you are, maybe you’ll grow out of being clueless about football too. Fingers crossed sweetheart.
      If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      Youíre known as a artefact

      Kwengface - Fire In The Booth
    • #549
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2019
      Location
      Bitchin' in Hitchin
      Posts
      931


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You have no idea
      Neither do you, that’s the real comedy. You just argue everyone is wrong, yet do not explain why they’re wrong. What it does is, is show that you know pretty much sweet FA. That’s doubles it. What actually triples it, is your arrogance.

      Triple whammy.

      1) cannot explain why they’re wrong
      2) not knowing or understanding the subject
      3) being arrogant
    • #550
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Posts
      798


      1 Not allowed!
      Maupay seems a rather selfish player, two games on the trot he's had the opportunity to assist and gone for goal. I wouldn't mind if he was banging them in, it'll soon wear thin.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •