Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited (it is live on TV so not travelled)

Dreading this to be honest. A game we won last season that was crucial to us staying up. Not winning any of our 3 home games now puts incredible pressure on the team to get something, at the worst possible time when we are down on attacking numbers through both bad luck and choice.

We’ll need some real heroes out there today to get the job done

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d settle for a point at the moment but really looking forward to seeing how we play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big game for Potter this. Lose this and he will be on borrowed time. I cannot see him lasting much longer with a defeat.

Bloom made his bed sacking Hughton and bringing in Potter. Regardless of where we are in the league I think Potter is here for the long term, even if we go down. He’d have to walk rather than be sacked imo. Anyhoo it’s all gonna be fine :thumbsup:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’d settle for a point at the moment but really looking forward to seeing how we play.

Me too, it's so early in the season it really doesn't matter that much if we lose. But it will put pressure on.

As long as we maintain our style and form it will come good. Someone's due a tonking at some point. Today would be nice, would also be good to see Dunk own Carroll even if it's just 20 minutes at the end when we're 3-0 up ;-)

Screenshot_20190921-075533.png

Last time we played there, you could have taken in a big FA Cup 4th round qualifyer in the city because it kicked off off early due to live coverage on the red button. According to Google, anybody already up there should be able to attend this FA Cup 2nd round qualifier. Thing is, Brackley 's in Northamptonshire...

Screenshot_20190921-143309.png

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan 6

Montoya 6
Webster 7
Dunk 7
Burn 7
March 6

Stephens 7
Propper 8
Gross 8.5

Maupay 8
Murray 6

5-3-2 please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saves time.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Anyone got a stream link? not on Hes playlist....

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bloom made his bed sacking Hughton and bringing in Potter. Regardless of where we are in the league I think Potter is here for the long term, even if we go down. He’d have to walk rather than be sacked imo. Anyhoo it’s all gonna be fine :thumbsup:

I think most of us thought that CH was here for the long-term, whichever league we were in - best man to get us back up and all that. I agree though that Potter's job is in no immediate danger - all that 'on borrowed time' guff is just that: guff.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
My little Albion shirt car accessory fell down twice today. It's done it before on match day but I can't remember what happened. Could this be the turning point or something far worse?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

My mate's little watford kit fell down five times in an 18 minute journey this morning. It means nothing. Why are football fans so superstitious.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think most of us thought that CH was here for the long-term, whichever league we were in - best man to get us back up and all that. I agree though that Potter's job is in no immediate danger - all that 'on borrowed time' guff is just that: guff.

I think the way TB spoke about the prospect of PL relegation with CH means that he will not allow GP to take us down unless we just lose out in a real scrap. He did not spend £60 million on a team which stayed up last year and where the thought was CH should be getting more out of the overseas signings, to be relegated.

I think times are changing and a loss of PL status would be so severe GP needs to get reasonable results. Yes he has until Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here