Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If at the start of the season we were offered a point at Newcastle i would have taken it so IMO its a good point. The fact that we should have got more ( as in 3 other games) is good news because the manager is still trying to bond the team and work out who are the best options. Lets face it we got 3 points last year but were extremely lucky.

Glass full at the moment.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Let's compare it with the last time we played Newcastle and it was at home.
We were truly appalling.
The first half is etched on my memory until I snuff it.
It was the worst performance I can remember from any team, we were running back towards our own goal.
It was the day I decided that CH had to go.
I think it's fair to say that we are now a far better side and a far better squad.
Although we probably won't beat them, we are now capable of giving the top 6 a proper game home and away.
Let's get the shooting and scoring sorted out and we will be fine.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Irrespective of the result, I just can’t believe how far we’ve come in such a short space of time. No longer boring no score draws - this was an example of what Potter is looking for. Unbelievable amount of possession, some exciting attacking play and less reliance on a centre back pairing with their backs to the wall. The goals will come.
Inspired use of the squad today. Happy days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Understand better? Why do you feel the need to be so arrogant? You spout all this negativity and when you're called on it lean back into classic gatekeeping shit.

Oh you just wouldn't understand.
Some people get it.
You'll wake up one day.

Engage people, don't diminish them.
Engage with people ? You had a swipe at me with your last previous post you goon. You are not the first to have a pop and won't be the last. Once again though i let the football do the talking.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As early days in a work-in-progress I’m pretty happy with that. When (Watford apart) was the last time we dominated an away game ? Fantastic that Potter is giving the kids a chance to step up. Alzate looked class. Great to see Bissouma back too......look fit and composed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bissouma looked interesting, you could see he is a quality midfielder, but it was also obvious that he havent trained much with the team - he didnt have that "radar" sense about where everyone was, how his teammates are moving etc. that you get from training passing/combinations together week out and week in.

Really missed March & Trossard today but Connolly showed he is ready to score in the PL and Maupay will be fine and scoring plenty when he realises that playing the PL doesnt automatically mean you have to be stressed out any time you get the ball; yeah you have less time than in the Championship, but there's also plenty of occasions where its perfectly fine to take the extra touch to control the ball. He'll figure it out eventually.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bissouma looked interesting, you could see he is a quality midfielder, but it was also obvious that he havent trained much with the team - he didnt have that "radar" sense about where everyone was, how his teammates are moving etc. that you get from training passing/combinations together week out and week in.

Really missed March & Trossard today but Connolly showed he is ready to score in the PL and Maupay will be fine and scoring plenty when he realises that playing the PL doesnt automatically mean you have to be stressed out any time you get the ball; yeah you have less time than in the Championship, but there's also plenty of occasions where its perfectly fine to take the extra touch to control the ball. He'll figure it out eventually.

Bissouma is a bit like that- he'll never look like he's trained with the team because he kinda just does what he wants. Question is how good can he be? Because the suspicion is that it won't matter- he'll be so good he can just do whatever he wants. Right now it looks a little clumsy compared to everyone else.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That was almost ****ing brilliant!

Exactly what I'm thinking/feeling. We should have won and scored 3 or 4, we could have conceded a few too, however, going away to a 'big' club an drew playing like that, highly commendable, coming home with a clean sheet, a point and heads held high. A job well done.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Engage with people ? You had a swipe at me with your last previous post you goon. You are not the first to have a pop and won't be the last. Once again though i let the football do the talking.

An away point in a game we dominated and the Potter regime only just getting going. Football certainly did do the talking.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Let's compare it with the last time we played Newcastle and it was at home.
We were truly appalling.
The first half is etched on my memory until I snuff it.
It was the worst performance I can remember from any team, we were running back towards our own goal.
It was the day I decided that CH had to go.
I think it's fair to say that we are now a far better side and a far better squad.
Although we probably won't beat them, we are now capable of giving the top 6 a proper game home and away.
Let's get the shooting and scoring sorted out and we will be fine.
That game ened a 12 hour goal drought. Happy days!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Very good spot re: Bissouma. He is a massive talent but that’s exactly what I thought about him today. A couple of times he had the chance to play the pass that you knew a Propper, Stephens or even Alzate already would make and he decided to take it on himself.

Hopefully he’ll bed in soon enough as he is a brillint player no doubt.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Need to take our chances, simple as that. If we'd got mugged off 1-0 after that first half it would have been criminal but it was looking increasingly likely. Very impressed with Alzate and Connelly was very unlucky not to score. The biggest mistake in front of goal was Gross not heading home but trying to square the header - just bury those.

It's an away point with a decent performance and we will only get better. There are a lot of reasons to be positive. But that's another 2 points dropped and we cannot keep on doing it.

And Muapay not squaring the ball, instead of shooting, for an easy tap in.

A bit more guile in front of goal and it would have been a comfortable win (,,,if you ignore the 2 good chances Newcastle had).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Possession football is the best form of defence.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
An away point in a game we dominated and the Potter regime only just getting going. Football certainly did do the talking.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the NSC people for having the "ignore" function to deal with masochist people like this "spence" guy. Was very obvious last week that this dudes interest in Brighton revolves around finding the most negative angle at any point regardless of whats actually happening. I know he subconsciously believes feeling negative about others makes him feel better about himself but fortunately its not how it works.

While I realise its a sad personality disorder and I sort of feel bad for the guy, its still pretty tiresome to watch. I'm probably not the only one having that feeling. My advice to people: while critical thinking is good & interesting stuff, some people you could just ignore without missing out on anything, because they are not really talking about Brighton/football but merely using this forum as a vehicle to deal with their own issues in a way that is very non-constructive.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the NSC people for having the "ignore" function to deal with masochist people like this "spence" guy. Was very obvious last week that this dudes interest in Brighton revolves around finding the most negative angle at any point regardless of whats actually happening. I know he subconsciously believes feeling negative about others makes him feel better about himself but fortunately its not how it works.

While I realise its a sad personality disorder and I sort of feel bad for the guy, its still pretty tiresome to watch. I'm probably not the only one having that feeling. My advice to people: while critical thinking is good & interesting stuff, some people you could just ignore without missing out on anything, because they are not really talking about Brighton/football but merely using this forum as a vehicle to deal with their own issues in a way that is very non-constructive.

Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here