Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I love the fact that the formation and lineup is unpredictable each week - we have no idea who will play, how they will play and if it will work.

Certainly better than being predictable and dull... with the caveat that we gain enough points of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's certainly a brave approach, fine line between being labelled a tactical genius or out of his depth.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The game will be on the main NBC channel in the States rather than NBC Sports, which will give us a bigger potential audience

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocked by United winning 2-0 at Everton, another team I thought would struggle stretching away from us

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The game will be on the main NBC channel in the States rather than NBC Sports, which will give us a bigger potential audience

No one in the states gives a **** except peter ward, let’s face it we’re background noise at best whilst kids getting ready for basketball practice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don’t worry, Everton will be taking their place with the strugglers. Booed off.

Quite shocked toffees fans would do that. They lost at home in sept. Big deal. Not exactly a top side are they

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Does anyone think Potter doesn’t know his first eleven yet?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Burn will be left back in a 4-2-3-1 as far as I can see. But that is pure guess work. Could just as easily be 3-5-1-1.

Who's the third of the 3? Alzate, Gross and ? Mooy? That would put Gross on the right wing? Doesn't seem the best use of the players available but who knows? Potter tactically really is the opposite of Hughton. You could name his starting 11 correctly nine times out of ten.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Blimey, Potter does like mixing it up. What are we supposed to do with that lot?

Four at the back with Burn at left back, Gross and Alzate behind Maupay?

3-4-3, Alzate and Montoya wing backs?

3-5-1-1? Gross behind Maupay, Mooy in midfield and Alzate LWB?

Something else?!

Alzate in goal?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We will need Duffy against Carrol when he comes on. Even though Burn is massive he doesn't really jump and isn't great in the air! He'll probably go and score now. Come on lads let's do the miserable Barcodes.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm going for Mooy and Maupay in goal; Alzate, Burn and Gross across the back; Ryan as the link man; then Dunk, Montoya, Stephens and Propper as strikers, with Webster tied to the opposition goalpost on a length of 8-foot rope.

So your standard Potter 2-3-1-4-1 formation, really.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
so Alzate hasn’t even been sub in the prem yet has he?
Can’t be many players who have come through a teams youth ranks and started a top flight game without even being sub.

*come on as sub*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here