Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Rugby World Cup 2019 Thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Surprised we haven't had one of these. I for one am looking forward to this tournament. Not so much that I can be arsed with this opening ceremony though.

I'm really glad that there are 4 or 5 sides that could win it, and another 4 or 5 that could beat those teams on their day in a one-off. Makes for a good tournament. Let's hope that the likes of Georgia, Argentina, the Pacific island teams and Japan can all have good tournaments.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Opening ceremony is spectacular, Tokyo Olympics 2020 will be amazing

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Yes I'm quite excited by it now we're finally here. Just watching the opening ceremony before the opening game Japan vs Russia.

I'm half expecting there to be an ad break during the ceremony.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh. What a twunt.

Mods, please merge the threads.
[MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION], you appear to be doing f*ck all work as usual, get it sorted.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Didn't realise the world cup was so small. Seems an age ago that I watched it with my Ma being lifted by Martin Johnson.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its weird having it all done and dusted by lunchtime. I could never quite get me 'ead round that in the 2002 World Cup, with kickoffs from 7am and whatnot.

No likey.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having seen the new rules re head tackles I am expecting lots of yellow and red cards. Apparently if you touch the head it’s not a question of “is it a card”, it’s now “is it a red or yellow card”

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am already regretting putting Japan +10 points in the prediction competition. They are going to win this by nearer 40. Massive partizan crowd, much improved year on year, and up against Russia who really aren't very good.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am already regretting putting Japan +10 points in the prediction competition. They are going to win this by nearer 40. Massive partizan crowd, much improved year on year, and up against Russia who really aren't very good.

:lolol: did I hear correctly that Russia lost to JERSEY? FFS I am also regretting going for just 20 to Japan

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:lolol: did I hear correctly that Russia lost to JERSEY? FFS I am also regretting going for just 20 to Japan

Yep. They also got spanked by a poor Italy side. Let's see, but in 10 minutes Japan will be 21-0 up I reckon!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Russia turn down the easy 3 points. Japan can't afford mistakes like that one early on.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a start. Russian try

7-0

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good Lord, Japan look shocking. :ohmy:

Absolutely shit defensive kick that gets nowhere near touch, and then the full back dropping the ball like a 12 year old.

FFS. Shite.

I think the 12 year olds I coach could have done better than that :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forgot I've got ITV Hub on my phone. Thats my productivity up the swanny for the day.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good ball skills for the Japan try

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very quick handling by Japan produces a try

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills