Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Whats the best place for a breakfast in Old Shoreham area?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
My other half and I are going to Old Shoreham tomorrow for a heritage open day even at St. Nicolas' Church and thought it might be nice to go out for breakfast in the area first. We don't know the area very well though - anyone got any recommendations??

Thanks!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My other half and I are going to Old Shoreham tomorrow for a heritage open day even at St. Nicolas' Church and thought it might be nice to go out for breakfast in the area first. We don't know the area very well though - anyone got any recommendations??

Thanks!

One of my customers is doing the flower arranging for that and it all sounded quite interesting ...cant really give u a rec. but if you wandered around the town you should find something you fancy ..depends on your taste i guess ..there is always Carats cafe that most people like in the next town along (Southwick)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cafe Artisan is a good breakfast with lots of choice as well as trad full English.
Teddy's isn't bad and Toast by The coast do a reasonable eggs benedict.
Tom's okay too
Basically Shoreham is full of places to eat breakfast. Mostly of good standard but expect to pay a little more.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Station Cafe, south side of Portslade Station near the corner of Portland Road is EXCELLENT.

[edit]

Totally out of your area. I skim-read.

Sorry.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One of my customers is doing the flower arranging for that and it all sounded quite interesting ...cant really give u a rec. but if you wandered around the town you should find something you fancy ..depends on your taste i guess ..there is always Carats cafe that most people like in the next town along (Southwick)

Yeah, Carats is only about four or five miles from where they are going to be.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cafe Artisan is a good breakfast with lots of choice as well as trad full English.
Tom's okay too
Basically Shoreham is full of places to eat breakfast. Mostly of good standard but expect to pay a little more.

Is cafe artisan by St Marys church?

I see the old ex Santandar building is under offer ...another restaurant?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
By car and a quick nip across the locks its not far and with weather set fair a nice addition to the day out

With all the above average eateries in Shoreham and the lovely surrounds, I really can't see why anyone would want to go to Carats but it takes all sorts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Is cafe artisan by St Marys church?

I see the old ex Santandar building is under offer ...another restaurant?

Not far, just round the corner. Speaking of which, Hector's Shed is good if you can get a seat. They do a hearty plate of food.

I think If Warwick Davies get their way every building in Shoreham will be offices underneath and flats above.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tom's okay too

Has Toast by the Coast changed hands recently?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's been sold but not sure it's reopened yet.

As far as I am aware it has never shut, the Beach Cafe and was open this morning when I cycled past.

I think it has changed hands but was OK last time I had lunch there a few weeks back.

There are provisional plans to build another huge cafe on the green on the beach, not sure what is happening about that.

As stated though there are numerous very good cafes in Shoreham to have a breakfast.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As far as I am aware it has never shut, the Beach Cafe and was open this morning when I cycled past.

I think it has changed hands but was OK last time I had lunch there a few weeks back.

There are provisional plans to build another huge cafe on the green on the beach, not sure what is happening about that.

As stated though there are numerous very good cafes in Shoreham to have a breakfast.

Still in the melting pot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here