Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Whats the best place for a breakfast in Old Shoreham area?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I really hope this does not proceed as seems totally unfair on local businesses and cannot see the point of it

I was chatting to the guy who owns The Bakery in Ferry Road last week about it ...he gave a weary sigh....the building planned looks totally out of keeping with the area.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As far as I am aware it has never shut, the Beach Cafe and was open this morning when I cycled past.

I think it has changed hands but was OK last time I had lunch there a few weeks back.

There are provisional plans to build another huge cafe on the green on the beach, not sure what is happening about that.

As stated though there are numerous very good cafes in Shoreham to have a breakfast.

Sorry, I didn't mean reopen, I mean has it come under new ownership yet, i think that's what I mean!

Yeah, plans for a huge cafe on the green. 30% bigger than The Perch!! That green is way too small for something that size. Part of Fatboy Slim's boxpark empire. A little cafe there would be great but the planned development is way too big.
Why can't they leave something of the Sussex coast alone. They don't have to redevelop every ****ing inch of it.
Shoreheham's charm was it's slightly ramshackle areas. Now everything is being paved and bordered and built up. Heartbreaking really.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry, I didn't mean reopen, I mean has it come under new ownership yet, i think that's what I mean!

Yeah, plans for a huge cafe on the green. 30% bigger than The Perch!! That green is way too small for something that size. Part of Fatboy Slim's boxpark empire. A little cafe there would be great but the planned development is way too big.
Why can't they leave something of the Sussex coast alone. They don't have to redevelop every ****ing inch of it.
Shoreheham's charm was it's slightly ramshackle areas. Now everything is being paved and bordered and built up. Heartbreaking really.

My bad I was getting Beach Cafe and Beach Bakery mixed up.

Not sure on the Beach Cafe but the Beach Bakery is very good.

If the "super cafe" gets built it won't get my custom, went to Perch the other week as needed new car tyres and thought it was pretty average.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My other half and I are going to Old Shoreham tomorrow for a heritage open day even at St. Nicolas' Church and thought it might be nice to go out for breakfast in the area first. We don't know the area very well though - anyone got any recommendations??

Thanks!

Cakes in the church itself, otherwise nothing within a mile.

Amsterdam and Red Lion serve food.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

...and a lot more difficult to get around

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I think If Warwick Davies get their way every building in Shoreham will be offices underneath and flats above.

Damn these celebrity property developers! :lolol:

th.jpg

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
There are a couple of cafes in the parade of shops next door to the Duke Of Wellington, has anyone any feed back about these?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Cakes in the church itself, otherwise nothing within a mile.

Amsterdam and Red Lion serve food.

Nothing within in a mile? Have you ever been to shoreham?

Edit. Maybe you’re right actually. About a mile I suppose.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Wow - Thanks for all the suggestions! NSC really is the best place to get information :D

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patreon
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Has Toast by the Coast changed hands recently?

It changed hands about a month ago. The new chef didn't turn up for work on his first day, a Saturday (apparently...as that was the reason I was given for the slow service)/

Used to be one of the best breakfasts in town but everyone deserves a second chance. The good thing about Shoreham is that a lot of the eateries are close to each other , so you can suss out the popular ones before you commit.

Carats is still good in my opinion though. A bit further out but consistent.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It changed hands about a month ago. The new chef didn't turn up for work on his first day, a Saturday (apparently...as that was the reason I was given for the slow service)/

Used to be one of the best breakfasts in town but everyone deserves a second chance. The good thing about Shoreham is that a lot of the eateries are close to each other , so you can suss out the popular ones before you commit.

Carats is still good in my opinion though. A bit further out but consistent.

Thanks....had a chat with someone the other day who was complaining about slow service, which seemed out of character with how it was when I went in their last

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The walk from St Nicholas Church to the Airport Cafe is probably longer than to Shoreham High Street unless you cross the 2 runways.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Pandering to all the bl00dy flats and houses they're building everywhere turning it into a middle class trendy town by the sea.

Heard Chris Evans say a few years ago that it's one of his favourite places. Made me want to move away....

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Shoreham sounds like cafe central, if someone started one of these threads about Newhaven it would be a very short thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here