Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Justin Trudeau

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm genuinely confused by a lot of the fuss made with this stuff - by which I mean judging people's behaviour in the past by today's standards, and assuming that today's standards are final and correct. No doubt some people did some very naughty things years ago, and some have been rightly vilified after their death or indeed locked up for a long time if still alive.

Can you imagine going into the history of let's say a ficticious rock band called, oh I dunno, the Strolling Bones, and seeing if they did anything a bit off the wall with young, innocent groupies about half a century ago.

Or could you imagine examining the history of the BBC to see if they ever ran a prime time Saturday night show called the Black and White Minstrels ? Any ancient executives from the BBC been locked up for that one yet ?? Or how about Love Thy Neighbour, or Alf Garnett. Terrible, and thoroughly gross by today's standards, but perfectly acceptable and even considered funny once upon a time.

Among those offended by the alleged wrong doing, they "might" feel that a government leader must not have a blemish, that is huge in their mind, on their/it's record.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I

Or could you imagine examining the history of the BBC to see if they ever ran a prime time Saturday night show called the Black and White Minstrels ? Any ancient executives from the BBC been locked up for that one yet ?? Or how about Love Thy Neighbour, or Alf Garnett. Terrible, and thoroughly gross by today's standards, but perfectly acceptable and even considered funny once upon a time.

These two were satire against racists if you are throwing them in with the Minstrels no wonder you are confused.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Among those offended by the alleged wrong doing, they "might" feel that a government leader must not have a blemish, that is huge in their mind, on their/it's record.

Its more that he is so PC conscious for other people to the extent of calling out a woman on a talk show for using the word mankind. It shows him as either very stupid or massive hypocrite which I guess shouldnt be too surprising for a politician.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Or how about Love Thy Neighbour, or Alf Garnett. Terrible, and thoroughly gross by today's standards, but perfectly acceptable and even considered funny once upon a time.

To me you have just demonstrated one of the problems. The programme was MOCKING characters like this and not promoting that behaviour, AG was a well known lefty. People see something about race and assume it is racist. I have seen other people say that Ricky Gervais is racist cause of his David Brent character, the point of it is to mock and laugh and people that really do have those views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here