Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 85

Thread: Justin Trudeau

  1. #31

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sense that politically you are a little to the right. Do correct me if I am wrong.
    You are wrong. Oldschool type of leftist though, more interested in class than in identity. But doesnt matter in this case: I'm just bothered by all these neo-left politicians who speaks highly of LGBT/race issues etc to look good while otherwise doing right wing-political decisions. The pipeline shit exposed his true colours.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      LUZZING chairs about Wilko's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      9,733


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      being an old fart, I don’t understand cultural misappropriation.

      It occurred to me that it is like someone pretending to be a culture they are not? Is that it?

      One of my work colleagues was at a karioki bar in London last week and he likes to massacre all sorts of tunes. Anyway, he looked down the list and noticed that there was no bob Marley songs, or no reggae at all. He asked the guy running it where they all were and was told that due to cultural misappropriation, a young Afro carribean lady complained that white people shouldnt sing ina Jamaican accent as it fell foul of this?

      I defy anyone to sing a bob Marley song in an English accent.
      As a lefty I also really do not get cultural appropriation, to me it actually goes against inclusivity and multi-culturalism. Surely the beauty of culture is being able to share and adopt. Cultural appropriation seems to take something and say only one group or race can use it and no one else can, not sure how that encourages diversity?
    • #33

      1 Not allowed!
      There is that very fine line between banter and something else.

      Some years ago the Albion were flying from Gatwick up to Manchester, and Leon Knight was, for what ever reason keen to get ahead of everyone else, and was jogging slowly in front of the main, one of his team mates then shouted "stop thief", to which a number of onlookers looked round and everyone found it hugely amusing.

      If the same thing happened with Bong and one of his teammates, tomorrow at Gatwick would it still be deemed amusing, or looked upon as something far more sinister?
    • #34
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      47,418


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You are wrong. Oldschool type of leftist though, more interested in class than in identity. But doesnt matter in this case: I'm just bothered by all these neo-left politicians who speaks highly of LGBT/race issues etc to look good while otherwise doing right wing-political decisions. The pipeline shit exposed his true colours.
      Maybe he’s non-binary...in the political sense?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #35
      Members Herr Tubthumper's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      The Fatherland
      Posts
      47,418


      1 Not allowed!
      Another middle-aged-men-struggling-with-the-modern-world thread?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
    • #36
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      54,461


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe he’s non-binary...in the political sense?
      Quite. Expecting everybody to adopt either the accepted 'left' or 'right' position on EVERY topic, seems extremely simplistic. Nonsensical, in fact.

      Why should someone automatically be an evangelistic environmentalist, just because they are a big advocate of LBGT rights? there is no connection between the two topics

      Why can't somebody be a racial equality campaigner, yet also hold a hard-right viewpoint on economic policy?

      Expecting 'ALL RIGHT' or 'ALL LEFT' thinking, is schoolboy stuff.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #37
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,211


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There is that very fine line between banter and something else.

      Some years ago the Albion were flying from Gatwick up to Manchester, and Leon Knight was, for what ever reason keen to get ahead of everyone else, and was jogging slowly in front of the main, one of his team mates then shouted "stop thief", to which a number of onlookers looked round and everyone found it hugely amusing.

      If the same thing happened with Bong and one of his teammates, tomorrow at Gatwick would it still be deemed amusing, or looked upon as something far more sinister?
      Unfortunately, context and intent have no place in modern society.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #38
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,211


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...69073313855234 another popular event ,been happening for decades
      regards
      DF
      Can you learn to post links correctly ? I don't like clicking on your stuff otherwise. It might take me to a neo-con website.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      42,747


      0 Not allowed!
      Is that aimed at me?

      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Another middle-aged-men-struggling-with-the-modern-world thread?
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #40
      Members Flex Your Head's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Seagull firmly in Eagle territory
      Posts
      1,523


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pretty pink fairy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I agree ,no one complains about people dressing like Elvis ?
      Regards
      DF
      Remember when Price Harry went dressed as you, Das Reich?

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harry.PNG 
Views:	247 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	115479
      For all your Brutalism faves - https://www.instagram.com/murray_tiptop/?hl=en

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •