Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: Justin Trudeau

  1. #11

    1 Not allowed!
    These days if you say you're English etc.

    25 year olds in general have very little problem navigating the PC Police minefield of non-binary pop stars or what a foreign politician did 20 years ago, so I wouldn't worry too much about the millennials, OP.

    I did laugh at 'crazy week' though, so thanks for that. I bet the PC Police are looking forward to putting their feet up this weekend after such a crazy week policing.
    100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
    100% Honey Badgerista

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      52,585


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry, but no. Wearing a fez is definitely cultural appropriation.

      Best that you dress as Alan Titchmarsh or Giles Brandreth.
      ***cough***

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	great-indian-railway-journeys.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	115467

      ***cough***
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #13
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      26,806


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ***cough***

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	great-indian-railway-journeys.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	115467

      ***cough***
      That could be almost anyone in WSL to be honest
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #14
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      52,585


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That could be almost anyone in WSL to be honest
      Moderator uniform.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #15
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      Ballarat, Australia
      Posts
      268


      5 Not allowed!
      There are things I did years ago that I am not proud of. But the idea that these behaviours should define me now is ridiculous. We all change and hopefully grow, I for one am not the same "person" I was 30 years ago.
    • #16
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,211


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Trudeau has been doing this "LOOK I LOVE ALL 87 GENDERS AND HATE RACISM"-shit to hide that he is very keen on taking a Bolsonaro approach to their environment and natural recources. Coming across as a ****ing saint by hugging peoples trendy perspectives while in the background destroying and burning everything, CLASSIC shit that history tells us always will work... because people are stupid.

      Though the reasons are ridiculous, I'd be happy to see him fall.
      I sense that politically you are a little to the right. Do correct me if I am wrong.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #17
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      18,446


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      People make errors of judgement when younger and I doubt he thought he would be Prime Minister when that age.

      Wasn't that long ago Prince Harry dressed up as a Nazi for a party, we have all forgiven him now
      Also there is a massive difference between impersonation for comedy or acting purposes (Michael Bates in 'It ain't alf ot mum' doesn't offend me even now - although Windsor Davies does - unfunny oaf) and 'blacking up' with white lipstic lips and googley eyes, and waving your hands around and singing 'mammy'. FFS.

      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surely not.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	115468

      Don't know enough about Trudeau as a man (albeit he has the eyes of psychopath and far too much charisma for my liking)to suggest he be burned, but his grave error of judgement seems a bit meh.

      A great opportunity for the right to wheel this out as an example of liberal (left?) hypocrisy, though, or 'political correctness gone mad' - a double bubble, as they say on channel 5.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
    • #18
      Je suis rôti de boeuf RandyWanger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Done a Frexit, now in London
      Posts
      3,057


      1 Not allowed!
      The 'Conservative Twins' on YouTube have done a good video in this. Worth a watch.

      Going for the juggler
    • #19
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,211


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nickjhs View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are things I did years ago that I am not proud of. But the idea that these behaviours should define me now is ridiculous. We all change and hopefully grow, I for one am not the same "person" I was 30 years ago.
      It's interesting how I was only thinking this earlier.

      'Blacking up' is not racist in itself but does align itself with a practise that was designed in a derogatory manner. The term 'racism' is a political football these days. We see it in Canada at present.

      For good reason though, his actions would be condemned in the modern age. 20 years ago not. So, given that he was a mere product of social attitudes at the time, my simple question would be how he feels about it now. I think, like most of us, he is sincere.

      We are all products of our environment. It is how we change and make better that matters.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
    • #20
      ESU Zimmer Crew
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Location
      Queen's Park is my garden
      Posts
      12,211


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sorry, but no. Wearing a fez is definitely cultural appropriation.

      Best that you dress as Alan Titchmarsh or Giles Brandreth.


      Cultural appropriation is one thing I still hold out against. If I want dreadlocks I'll have them. Then again, perhaps I'll leave that one.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Was that when we took Bejams....?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •