Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau

3 Not allowed!
    The end of crazy week what with Sam Smith going plural, we now get the Primeminister of Canada pictured at a college fancy dress party 18 years ago, having to apologise to the world's media for 'an error of judgement'.

I doubt the rank and file Canadians really care, and would probably like Mr Trudeau to get on with more pressing matters like running their country.

How far back are the 'PC' police going to go?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The end of crazy week what with Sam Smith going plural, we now get the Primeminister of Canada pictured at a college fancy dress party 18 years ago, having to apologise to the world's media for 'an error of judgement'.

I doubt the rank and file Canadians really care, and would probably like Mr Trudeau to get on with more pressing matters like running their country.

How far back are the 'PC' police going to go?
      The Trudeau story has very little to do with 'the PC Police', and everything to do with his political opponents, using allies in the media to try to damage his credibility / image.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      The Trudeau story has very little to do with 'the PC Police', and everything to do with his political opponents, using allies in the media to try to damage his credibility / image.
      Doesn't make it any better does it HK?

In some ways I'm glad I'm 55 and not 25.

0 Not allowed!
      'Blackfacing' on two possibly three separate occasions has me wondering why he didn't try and get ahead of this.

There was no way the pictures weren't coming out.
      There have been enough of these 'scandals' for him to add 'im no stranger to this myself', and control the situation.

He was in his mid 20's when photographed.
      That in turn was the early 2000's, so it's tough for him to say 'different times'.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

0 Not allowed!
      Trudeau has been doing this "LOOK I LOVE ALL 87 GENDERS AND HATE RACISM"-shit to hide that he is very keen on taking a Bolsonaro approach to their environment and natural recources. Coming across as a ****ing saint by hugging peoples trendy perspectives while in the background destroying and burning everything, CLASSIC shit that history tells us always will work... because people are stupid.

Though the reasons are ridiculous, I'd be happy to see him fall.

16 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      Doesn't make it any better does it HK?

In some ways I'm glad I'm 55 and not 25.
      To be honest - despite being a died-in-the-wool soppy liberal - I really don't get the outrage on this one specific issue, unless I have missed something.

Is the entire story, that a young white man, attended an Ali-Baba-themed fancy dress party two decades ago, dressed as Ali-Baba?

I understand that it is considered wrong to do so (now, in particular), but I can't really see the moral outrage. Was he making fun of another race? Was he denigrating them, or showing them in a bad light in some way? If he was then fair enough - I'll grab my burning torch.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      To be honest - despite being a died-in-the-wool soppy liberal - I really don't get the outrage on this one specific issue, unless I have missed something.

Is the entire story, that a young white man, attended an Ali-Baba-themed fancy dress party two decades ago, dressed as Ali-Baba?

I understand that it is considered wrong to do so (now, in particular), but I can't really see the moral outrage. Was he making fun of another race? Was he denigrating them, or showing them in a bad light in some way? If he was then fair enough - I'll grab my burning torch.
      Certainly limits your fancy dress options these days. I guess going as a chinaman is equally unacceptable, I’ll just have to stick to Tommy Cooper. Then again I might be accused of denigrating North Africans. Is going in drag acceptable these days?
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

2 Not allowed!

Had it been a one off fancy dress I would agree. However, the fact he blackfaced on more than one occasions makes it a little more difficult to defend.

What we do need to stop doing in society however is judging the past based on the standards of today. If we did, everyone was a racist, misogynist homophobe 50 years ago.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Certainly limits your fancy dress options these days. I guess going as a chinaman is equally unacceptable, I’ll just have to stick to Tommy Cooper. Then again I might be accused of denigrating North Africans. Is going in drag acceptable these days?
      Sorry, but no. Wearing a fez is definitely cultural appropriation.

Best that you dress as Alan Titchmarsh or Giles Brandreth.

3 Not allowed!
      People make errors of judgement when younger and I doubt he thought he would be Prime Minister when that age.

Wasn't that long ago Prince Harry dressed up as a Nazi for a party, we have all forgiven him now
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !