Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are Wolves FINNISHED ?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
What has gone wrong there ? Meant to be top 6 yet a shocking start in the league and now losing at home to poor Portuguese club Braga in the EL

They’re no finished, they’re only 28th.

Or summat

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It's quietened down the black and gold willy wavers round these parts [Shrops] - apart from L1 Shrews, Wolves is the next nearest pro club and they were all giving it large last year ...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Hopefully they get relegated, along with Villa and anyone but us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can't remember exactly which stat it was, but there's something about teams qualifying for Europe for the first time almost never doing better in the following season.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Not bothered at all about Wolves except that they can't cope with the 2 competitions with their squad.
But I think (without looking at stats) that the best time to play a team that has qualified for Europe is the weekend before and sometimes after they have played s European match.
City lost to Norwich, Arsenal scraped a draw at Watford etc.
Let's hope we get to play some of them at that time.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Didn`t really strengthen their squad over the summer did they.
A good side who will finish above us but their fans ridiculously overhyped them last season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Which raises a bigger question

What is the point in the premier? Most clubs want to finish above the bottom 3 and not get tanked by the top 6. So for the “likes of Brighton’ and wolves etc” if finishing in a position to play in Europe is a poison chalice, then there is no point in aspiring to finish anywhere near that.

Or is the point of Brighton and hove Albion just to remain in the premier so our younger fans can get to see the big clubs and international players play at our ground?

I have no idea what football is all about these days.

Second season syndrome?
Worst thing they did was qualify for the Europa league....doing a Burnley?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What has gone wrong there ? Meant to be top 6 yet a shocking start in the league and now losing at home to poor Portuguese club Braga in the EL

They got taken by surprise last night, when they came up against a team with a load of good young Portuguese players - they hadn't realised that there were any left, that they hadn't signed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the Euro Cup ruins League form is a little lazy.

I do wonder if it's more to do with reverting back to the norm, after one season out performing expectations.

But as I'm sure as hell not going to do any research, I guess I shouldn't be tarnishing anyone with the lazy brush.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here