Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Peter Beardsley: Former Newcastle United coach suspended from football

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49760230

From the BBC

"Former Newcastle United Under-23s coach Peter Beardsley has been suspended from all football-related activity for 32 weeks after being found to have been racially abusive to players.

He was charged by the Football Association with three counts of using racist language to players in March but "categorically denied" the claims.

He left Newcastle after a 14-month club investigation earlier this year.

The FA said his remarks "were obviously racist and wholly unacceptable".

In their written reasons the FA added: "Even if he did not intend to do so, he plainly did cause offence."

Beardsley has been ordered to complete a face-to-face education course."

Now I think that's pretty unfair.

To be made to sit face to face with Beardsley for that long? Outrageous. I hope that they are paid well. :moo:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49760230

From the BBC

"Former Newcastle United Under-23s coach Peter Beardsley has been suspended from all football-related activity for 32 weeks after being found to have been racially abusive to players.

He was charged by the Football Association with three counts of using racist language to players in March but "categorically denied" the claims.

He left Newcastle after a 14-month club investigation earlier this year.

The FA said his remarks "were obviously racist and wholly unacceptable".

In their written reasons the FA added: "Even if he did not intend to do so, he plainly did cause offence."

Beardsley has been ordered to complete a face-to-face education course."

Now I think that's pretty unfair.

To be made to sit face to face with Beardsley for that long? Outrageous. I hope that they are paid well. :moo:

Well I've always thought he was a fat tongued gimp or
Well I've always thowt he wez a fat tongued gimp :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Beardsley, Waddle, Keegan what a forward line though

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The panel did, though, say it had "serious reservations about Mr Beardsley's credibility".

Says a lot about the man

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Racism is a disease anyone that does it is sick but you would have thought that Beardsley was alright, always seemed a decent bloke.
Just goes to show that you never know who is going to spill their vile comments.
Monkeys and climbing trees!
Put him in prison for a year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Beardsley, being white, male, oldish, British AND English at that...once accused and you’re in this demographic then no chance. Guilty as charged. He might as well confess to knowing Justin Trudeau and Gary Glitter. Great player mind. Sad he’ll now be remembered as a racist.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Beardsley, being white, male, oldish, British AND English at that...once accused and you’re in this demographic then no chance. Guilty as charged. He might as well confess to knowing Justin Trudeau and Gary Glitter. Great player mind. Sad he’ll now be remembered as a racist.
Nothing to do with the racist comments he made then? Just because he's white and of a certain age? Scary stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Racism is a disease anyone that does it is sick but you would have thought that Beardsley was alright, always seemed a decent bloke.
Just goes to show that you never know who is going to spill their vile comments.
Monkeys and climbing trees!
Put him in prison for a year.

Im not paying my taxes to bang people up for saying something in jest however inappropriate it was. A year?! How long do you put people away for dropping fag butts?!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nothing to do with the racist comments he made then? Just because he's white and of a certain age? Scary stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Of course it is! The report states his evidence was corrupted so he could never have received a fair hearing. It probably didn’t help his demographic fits the stereotype though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here