[Albion] Newcastle chronicle

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm irritated by it, but I'm irritated in us that we didn't get one win in those final three games. Don't care about them in the slightest.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
He's wrong. Was mildly miffed on the day at Villa, but the thought of promotion and a couple of ales.....soon forgotten.

Moved on.

Our players were possibly, erm, hungover for the final games, our own doing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Err, no. There was absolutely no bitterness towards NUFC whatsover. There was certainly annoyance at our own team for donning the flip-flops after Wigan, but bitterness ?? Nobody gives a shit about nuke us all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To use his words I certainly hold a bitterness towards our team for not properly finishing the job.
Although to be more precise I was pissed off.

Fair play to Newcastle for keeping going and getting their hands on the best trophy in football.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, we lost it they didn’t win it (although clearly they did but you get my drift). I feel more pissed off with Villa celebrating like they’d won the league in a nothing game for them

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
To be honest, I forget we didn't actually win the league. When I'm talking to someone about the Albion I'll fairly often refer to 'when we won the league' or when 'we smashed the championship'. Then I pause and remember that we didn't actually win it, even though we did really.

It's only because they(and Huddersfield or whoever finished third) were too shit to keep up properly that we ended up getting promoted with three games to go and then went on a two week bender. If they could have got their act together and kept up we would have been focused in those final three games and won the league.

So there's no real bitterness from me. Even if it is down to me forgetting what position we finished in. But if i actually cared that much I guess I'd remember, so no, no bitterness.

I do hope we smash them on saturday though. We need the win and the confidence it'll bring.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I stopped reading after Jack Grealish's 'winner'.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
NEWCASTLE CHRONICLE

Captain Jamaal Lascelles believes Brighton hold a "bitterness" against Newcastle United for the way the Magpies pipped them to the Championship title.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...-lascelles-brighton-newcastle-united-16941453

Really do we?

Was gutted at the time, well & truly over that. Enjoy beating them for some reason maybe it's because they are such a huge club :laugh:

Weird. No bitterness towards them at all - it was in our own hands and we ****ed it up, simple.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We lost everything we had including a home to play in. We nearly fell out of the football league. We spend the next thirteen years wheeling and dealing on peanuts to survive whilst the fans get soaked watching us draw a 0-0 at home to Rochdale in front of 4k fans.

Fly forward to 2017, we're finally in a stadium we can truly call home, we're selling out 30k crowds, we've just been promoted to the Prem, even Bayern Leverkusen put up a banner in their ground congratulating us on a successful survival footballing journey worthy of a book.
But then, just when everything seemed like it was going great, just when we all thought we'd achieved the dream, we end up finishing 2nd in the Championship. Everything the club was aiming at, everything we'd been through just went down the drain. The Hereford game looking back now seems totally meaningless knowing we never ended up winning the 2nd division. This whole Prem experience has a really bitter taste to it when your heart is telling you it was only automatic promotion to the Prem. No trophy, no trophy.

God dam Newcastle

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've read the whole article now. It's pretty interesting in that I think it tells us a lot more about him and the Newcastle attitude than anything about us. It seems like they have a 'thing' for us rather than the other way around. I've never thought of a game against Newcastle being more than a normal game, let alone heard any of our players say that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It was our bloody fault we didn't win the championship, it had nothing to do with Newcastle.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Funny article, bless em local papers need the clicks...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here