Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle chronicle

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow, what a weird article, I never realised they had a 'thing' for us, I wouldn't have thought we even remotely registered on their 'rivals' radar. Sign o' the times though, a few years ago if we had a rivalry with anyone in that neck of the woods it would have been Hartlepool.

Like others I harbour no bitterness towards Newcastle whatsoever. I was mildly pissed off (for about five minutes) that we didn't clinch the Championship title, but promotion was the only goal; the title would just have been the sprinkles on the cherry on the icing on the cake.

I wonder if the Newcastle fans share his view?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it the Newcastle Chronicle that scans NSC ahead of every game we have with them and produces an "article" made up of quotes from here?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I don't think Newcastle give two shits about us, and I'm pretty sure most of us couldn't give two shits about Newcastle, to be honest.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Is it the Newcastle Chronicle that scans NSC ahead of every game we have with them and produces an "article" made up of quotes from here?

Ah in which case.....

I agree with everything Michel Owen said about Newcastle

Oh....and Alan Shearer shags lamp-posts....

Erm....Malcolm MacDonald supported Sunderland....

Errr.....Newcastle Brown Ale tastes of old socks

Errr.....Gazza was overrated

And Mike Ashley is doing a brilliant job, the Geordies are lucky to have him and are all overreacting

It will always be the Sports Direct stadium to me, there is only one St James' park and Exeter play there.

However Bobby Robson was a thoroughly nice chap.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1174686513805893634[/tweet]

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Really? I'm pretty sure we can come up with some crackers if we try... I'll start..."We will hammer the Northern monkeys on Saturday, they don't stand a chance..." - Brok

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:lolol: Whats he on about, daft fellow.

I know a few Newcastle fans and they couldn’t care less about us other than that we tend to do well against them, move along faux ‘rivalry’ or ‘bitterness’ never existed.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
With the advantage to us we bottled it by going for cagey draws even after certain promotion. No hard feelings with Newcastle at all from me and we always have a good mannered football match when we play too.

Bloom would probably be more pissed of than us I reckon.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Was completely our own doing. As soon as we knew we were up, the players were on the proverbial beach. 0/10 bitterness for newcastle.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's only because they(and Huddersfield or whoever finished third) were too shit to keep up properly that we ended up getting promoted with three games to go and then went on a two week bender. If they could have got their act together and kept up we would have been focused in those final three games and won the league.

Tactical genius Rafa knew that would happen and held them back on purpose

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was mightily pissed off at the time with our players. We have won the bottom 2 divisions, winning the championship would have only left the premier league... only 7 clubs have won 3 leagues and only 1 has won all 4, Wolves. Gutted we have missed our chance of history.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I couldn't care less :shrug:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was mightily pissed off at the time with our players. We have won the bottom 2 divisions, winning the championship would have only left the premier league... only 7 clubs have won 3 leagues and only 1 has won all 4, Wolves. Gutted we have missed our chance of history.

We might get another crack next season....what?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We threw it away, they didn't do something miraculous.

This.

But Lascelles is correct about the bitterness ... by some. Can’t remember anyone on NSC slagging off NUFC until that season. But during and since that season, some seem to bitterly loath NUFC, Shelvey, Rafa and dream each season of their relegation.

Really bizarre ... they’re 300 miles away and there’s no connection with us.

Lying down and allowing Bristol City to beat us at Fortress Amex cost us the title. We didn’t deserve it.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
This.

But Lascelles is correct about the bitterness ... by some. Can’t remember anyone on NSC slagging off NUFC until that season. But during and since that season, some seem to bitterly loath NUFC, Shelvey, Rafa and dream each season of their relegation.

Really bizarre ... they’re 300 miles away and there’s no connection with us.

Lying down and allowing Bristol City to beat us at Fortress Amex cost us the title. We didn’t deserve it.

Doesn't make any sense. They were simply more consistent than us when it mattered and we pissed the title away. End of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here