Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Re Bury

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With them going to the wall, does this mean that 3 teams will come up from National League next summer to restore a 72 club EFL?

And if, as some are predicting, others currently on the brink, go bust, will the EFL effectively keep back filling with teams from the National League?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
More likely only one relegation from league 2 I would guess. If more than two went I expect you’d start to promote more teams.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
With them going to the wall, does this mean that 3 teams will come up from National League next summer to restore a 72 club EFL?

And if, as some are predicting, others currently on the brink, go bust, will the EFL effectively keep back filling with teams from the National League?

Only one going down as it stands. Apps like FlashScores have already adjusted their league table to show that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think what happened to Bury and almost to Bolton is an indicator the English league system might turn a bit Italian with a couple of clubs every year getting relegated or extinct because of economical reasons, so who knows - might be five clubs going up from the National League.

A 2008 level of economical crisis might even ask the question if its even viable to have four professional divisions.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I think the word is reinter. I thought you of all peple would know that.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Eh?

15604445980685.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There is still talk of Bury being readmitted in League 2 next season. If they decide to do that, then I guess two will go down after all.

Never happen.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I think what happened to Bury and almost to Bolton is an indicator the English league system might turn a bit Italian with a couple of clubs every year getting relegated or extinct because of economical reasons, so who knows - might be five clubs going up from the National League.

A 2008 level of economical crisis might even ask the question if its even viable to have four professional divisions.

And yet we survived 2008 with 4 divisions and this isnt a 2008 situation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here