Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s really weird that he complains about not starting enough... most of that was his own doing (suspensions) and injuries?

And Murray defied his age to score the goals to keep us up. Andone and Locadia simply didn’t do enough in their starts and sub appearances. Andone, for an athlete in his prime, struck me as bloody lazy. I really wanted him to be a success.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don't want players like that at my club.

We would have known he was like that in the summer though and should have recruited and managed departures whilst the transfer window was open

I have to agree somewhat with this unless things spiralled out of control after his saints red.

Scored a couple at the weekend - good player, plenty footballers can be tough to manage. He did deserve to start more games ahead of Murray, who declined markedly over the course of last season

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well it seems he doesn't completely want to burn bridges.

Thinking of the value of that 6 year contract - probably more tan he's likely to earn in Turkey or wherever?

To be fair, I did think he was the best of our three expensive attacking flops. There must be more to it than just his red card for shipping him out so fast - we've had red cards before - Dunk, Duffy and Murray, for example - and they're still here, and apart from one or two idiots nobody is yelling for Mooy to be banished instantly.
Next summer will be interesting........

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thinking of the value of that 6 year contract - probably more tan he's likely to earn in Turkey or wherever?

To be fair, I did think he was the best of our three expensive attacking flops. There must be more to it than just his red card for shipping him out so fast - we've had red cards before - Dunk, Duffy and Murray, for example - and they're still here, and apart from one or two idiots nobody is yelling for Mooy to be banished instantly.
Next summer will be interesting........

he probably chucked an absolute wobbler , making every excuse under the sun for the red card and the staff thought , ya know what , this aint working , let's **** him off for the rest of the season and see how it pans out ....not that i have been talking to anyone who's has been talking to anyone else.:glare:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Whatever we said
Whatever we did, we didn't mean it
We just want you back, you're good
Want you back
Megacrack
Want you back, you're good

Perhaps we're wrong
But in this song, we will sign it
Perhaps you're mis-understood
Want you back
Megacrack
Want you back, you're good

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I definitely would give him one last chance . He will score goals and I think he works quite hard in his forward role. I guess I want to see him score another epic goal against Palace.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I definitely would give him one last chance . He will score goals and I think he works quite hard in his forward role. I guess I want to see him score another epic goal against Palace.

You'd want an (allegedly) unpopular player back in the dressing room?! Weird.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You'd want an (allegedly) unpopular player back in the dressing room?! Weird.

The other players are probably all best chums with each other .... just as I am with all of the 30 or so other people at my work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here