Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This sort of thing is bad for transfer business. Now it's highly public that he doesn't want to come back, buying clubs will know that his career here is over, reducing any transfer fee we might get for him. This is probably why he's come out and said this, he doesn't want us holding out for £10m+ for him.

My guess is the thing that motivates him and his agent is the prospect of signing on fees. If it was actually more game time, he wouldn't have gone somewhere where he is behind a world class striker.

All depends on whether there is more than one club interested really. If he scores a decent number on loan, he'll still enhance his value over what his value was this summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All depends on whether there is more than one club interested really. If he scores a decent number on loan, he'll still enhance his value over what his value was this summer.

I kind of hope he warms the bench in between sendings off...all season. I’m small minded like that :smile:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A real problem could arise if it turns out Galatasaray don't want to sign him. This is realistic. Firstly, we know he is on approx £45k per week. Also, he still has a transfer value. We would be crazy to let him walk away for nothing, we paid £5m for him and that's only because we got jammy with a release clause. An under contract striker of his sort of level is probably worth the £16m we were willing to pay two years ago (remember there are plenty of clubs out there who don't care about whether a player is a dickhead or not).

It could be that someone else comes in, pays us, say £7 million which we decide we'll accept and will find the £45k, (or probably £50k+ now). But that certainly isn't a given.

We could be faced with the nightmare scenario that he's back at the club next summer, nobody is bidding for him and we've got to re-integrate him into the squad and starting line up in order to get him in the shop window. He'll get more abuse from the home fans than any player in our history.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I quite liked him, but the problem is the games he did start he didn’t really impact in massively did he? Can’t stand players who complain and bleat about ‘deserving’ more game time, nobody deserves any amount of game time mate you aren’t Messi.

You have to feel for him to come out like this there has to have been a total disintegration in the dressing room between him and the rest of the lads, probably bought on by that red card. He doesn’t seem like the kind of fella who would just hold his hands up and apologise for costing us a probable win in that game. He sounds toxic, happy we got rid.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Imagine if we sold him to Palace - after all, they absolutely LOVE a dickhead there. Have to say, I'd dread coming up against him if he was turning out in the jester stripes. You just know he'd do us over.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In brief:
- Rubbished Chris Hughton for not playing him enough
- Claims his red against Southampton was 'unlucky'
- Can't understand why Murray was always picked ahead of him
- Says he doesn't really want to return to Brighton in January if he gets recalled.
Thank you.

1) I'm a bit surprised he wasn't played more.
2) I disagree.
3) Neither can I.
4) :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He’ll find it even more harsh if he ends up warming the bench all season in Turkey.
I guess his point is that he understands that, because he knows Falcao is better than him. He didn't understand that he was given less opportunity than Murray.

I think it's a fair enough point of view, but he'd have had more chance this year, so it's a shame he didn't stick with it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
New manager comes in. Starts him

"I didn't play enough last season".

Right DUMB DUMB. You have a NEW manager now and he played you THIS SEASON.....and you got sent off.

Not.His.Fault.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I guess his point is that he understands that, because he knows Falcao is better than him. He didn't understand that he was given less opportunity than Murray.

I think it's a fair enough point of view, but he'd have had more chance this year, so it's a shame he didn't stick with it.

It was a fair enough viewpoint last season, I was pissed off with just about everything about last season and so yes I 100% get the frustration he must have felt as a player.

However this season was a new beginning and he did have game time and we were only three games into the season. He forced his way out because he’d already been tapped up imo. Nasty piece of work on the pitch and from the sound of things, off it too.

Good riddance

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
Hmmmm.....a little peevish....English as a second language....he's basically Spanish....a bit delicate and needs the occasional cuddle.

He'll be grateful to be welcomed back in January, and could do a job, and this may well happen if he keeps his nose clean in the next few months.

We shall see.

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
It was a fair enough viewpoint last season, I was pissed off with just about everything about last season and so yes I 100% get the frustration he must have felt as a player.

However this season was a new beginning and he did have game time and we were only three games into the season. He forced his way out because he’d already been tapped up imo. Nasty piece of work on the pitch and from the sound of things, off it too.

Good riddance

Can someone post a precis of his nasty pieces of work off the pitch for me, please? I need a bit mor info before I go full turbo 'burn him'. Thanks.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can someone post a precis of his nasty pieces of work off the pitch for me, please? I need a bit mor info before I go full turbo 'burn him'. Thanks.

The comment from a journalist that his leaving party was being held in a phone booth, whilst pretty bitchy, tells a story doesn’t it?

The comments from him that inspired this thread

Maybe dickhead would have been a better choice of words then nasty piece of work.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Good riddance

Agree. The thing that changed, wasn't the lack of game time, it was that he had another (in his mind better and potentially more lucrative) offer.

He had to force his way out of the club short of strikers after the domestic transfer window has closed, what better way than with a ridiculous sending off

Molango's visa

Molango's visa
Sep 7, 2007
London, UK
The comment from a journalist that his leaving party was being held in a phone booth, whilst pretty bitchy, tells a story doesn’t it?

The comments from him that inspired this thread

Maybe dickhead would have been a better choice of words then nasty piece of work.

Ah, OK.

In which case I'll stay in the 'hope he comes good and comes home' camp. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He'd been tapped up by them for at least one full season .
He finally decided the grass was greener over there and will now find out if that's the case.

An incredibly odd, and potentially very self sabotaging, way of going about it.
But I guess if you're on £45k a week for another 4 years future earning power isn't necessarily high on the agenda.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Who'd have thought it, premier league footballer wants to play every game and get's pissed off when he doesn't. Shocking!

I am sure he's a nightmare to manage - the question I'm not sure of is whether he's enough of a footballer for it to be worth the hassle.

I think we should recall him in January, not sell him, and have him rot in his apartment until his contract ends in 2023. Sure, he will still make money, but that would end him as a footballer and that would excellent since people like him dont deserve to be professional footballers.
So, blow £10m in salary + employers NI and a similar amount in the player's capital value reduction? It's not for any of us (fans or otherwise) to suggest that Mr Bloom squanders his money in such spectacular fashion.

Talking of fans, this is the first time you have referred to the Albion as 'we' AFAIK. Are we now above Swansea in your allegiance and if so, is there another club, Swedish or otherwise, above us? :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Weird cause they're absolutely throwing money at paid search, social & display.

They might want to take a look at what they're doing there too. Targeting me with Liverpool content all over the web isn't going to get them very far.

bf8ec64bb1d0885462d1fbe3336a0ffb.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here