Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone interview in the Athletic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So not starting games was "discriminatory" against him.

Kin' ell. I was disappointed he'd gone, but good riddance. He's a wrong-un.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Kin' ell. I was disappointed he'd gone, but good riddance. He's a wrong-un.

That's the same thing that young scouser who went to Fiorentina said. Shouting discrimination is now a trump card in the underperforming prima donna's arsenal.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Best thing for us is that he starts smashing in goals . Be nice to make a profit on him

Decent player but always disappointing for fans when players do articles like this

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can slightly sympathise last season but he was given as much of a chance as anyone else under Potter. Terrible attitude imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, that's the way I see it too.

Could quite easily now have the moral high ground but seemed hell bent on undermining himself.

I know not why. :shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course it was discriminatory.

Discriminatory against players deemed not quite good enough, or not a very good fit for the squad.

Discriminatory against dickheads, in fact.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I was wondering where this Andone wanted to leave rumour came from and thought it was just that - a rumour.

Guess I was miles off. What an absolute bell. He is in a minority of 1 to believe he was harshly sent off against Saints.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't want players like that at my club.

We would have known he was like that in the summer though and should have recruited and managed departures whilst the transfer window was open

Reading between the lines, it looks like Andone went postal when the season began and Murray was STILL starting games ahead of him. He was probably bleating in Potter's ear, so he gets a start against Southampton, and we all saw what happened next.

Losing him has left us short, but I guess he was just too much of a dickhead to keep on. He'll never be forgotten for THAT goal, so its a shame how its all ended. But hopefully we'll make a profit on him in January or next summer when we can properly flog him off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Those bridges aren't so much burned as nuked

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's another great example of loads of people second-guessing, and then criticising a decision made by the club without having a Scooby about what was going on behind the scenes................

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
BUt We OnLy hAvE 3 StrIkErS nOw, tHE cLuB hAve No ClUe WhAT tHEy ARE doIng.

So we’ve been told.

Which is why I'm glad this article has come out so folk can see Andone is a bit of a cock and the club were right to get shot of him.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This sort of thing is bad for transfer business. Now it's highly public that he doesn't want to come back, buying clubs will know that his career here is over, reducing any transfer fee we might get for him. This is probably why he's come out and said this, he doesn't want us holding out for £10m+ for him.

My guess is the thing that motivates him and his agent is the prospect of signing on fees. If it was actually more game time, he wouldn't have gone somewhere where he is behind a world class striker.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
From the moment he joined us you tell that there was an attitude problem. He has a nasty streak in him, that he cannot control and he was always a sending off waiting to happen. Pre-season, he was flying into challenges, studs up v Fulham ( and that was a friendly!!! ) Against Saints, he was lucky to escape a poor challenge in the opening minutes but showing his lack of nous, he then got himself sent off, with a reckless and quite unnecessary tackle. He then walked off with a bemused ' what have I done wrong ' expression on his face ( hopefully, the chorus of boos may have given him a clue )
We can do without his arrogance and his stupidity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did anyone else notice at the very start of the Southampton game, their midfielder elbowing Andone in the head, while the ball was 40 yards away?

Very much a case of 'hes a liability, get at him'.

Thankfully Florin had the good sense to see through such tactics...

...oh.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's another great example of loads of people second-guessing, and then criticising a decision made by the club without having a Scooby about what was going on behind the scenes................

Whilst this is true its difficult not to question the club when DJ Strollabout and Mr Angry are let go after the window has closed leaving us with 3 forwards, one of which is out the youth team and another who is probably in his last year of PL football. This is the kind of interview that helps put the situation in context and makes most of us think 'Yeah, I get it now'

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think we should recall him in January, not sell him, and have him rot in his apartment until his contract ends in 2023. Sure, he will still make money, but that would end him as a footballer and that would excellent since people like him dont deserve to be professional footballers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the moment he joined us you tell that there was an attitude problem. He has a nasty streak in him, that he cannot control and he was always a sending off waiting to happen. Pre-season, he was flying into challenges, studs up v Fulham ( and that was a friendly!!! ) Against Saints, he was lucky to escape a poor challenge in the opening minutes but showing his lack of nous, he then got himself sent off, with a reckless and quite unnecessary tackle. He then walked off with a bemused ' what have I done wrong ' expression on his face ( hopefully, the chorus of boos may have given him a clue )
We can do without his arrogance and his stupidity.
One man's chorus of boos is another's standing ovation.

I'd have loved to have heard booos for the idiot.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I think we should recall him in January, not sell him, and have him rot in his apartment until his contract ends in 2023. Sure, he will still make money, but that would end him as a footballer and that would excellent since people like him dont deserve to be professional footballers.

U ok hun?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here