Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace predicted loss to increase to nearly £800,000 a week

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Barry had a very good career to be fair. How comes he never played for Brighton? Did Villa sign him for bugger all once he turned 16?

Yes... but still produced by our academy. By that reckoning you did not have much of a had in ****-Bissaka given he only played 1 season for you

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Apart from the fact we have always produced decent players and Brighton has not.
We never had the facilities. We do now. Worlds apart these days. I think the days of gloating from you lot are a thing of the past. Don't you?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Getting away from the pissing contest with the Nigels, it is extraordinary how professional football in this country just seems incapable of sorting itself out.

Bury go under because a shady asset stripper passed the EFL "fit and proper" test.
Coventry are run by a shady hedge fund operation, and now only play intermittently in the brand new stadium on the doorstep
Blackpool - the Oystons. Say no more.
Portsmouth decimated by a Russian oligarch who got bored.

And the Premier League is awash with money and yet doesn't seem motivated to distribute income sensibly down the pyramid. The consequence of this is that clubs like Palace are absolutely desperate beyond reason to stay in the division. And before we get uppity, it's not like our club is awash with money even after having multi-millions of assets handed to to it on a plate by a rich benefactor.

Professional football is broken and the people running the game either don't care or are too incompetent to do anything about it.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
We never had the facilities. We do now. Worlds apart these days. I think the days of gloating from you lot are a thing of the past. Don't you?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Only time will tell, Maybe someone will come in and gift us £300m.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Dream on :lolol:

Spivs and chancers are the only people who have an interest in Palace. They want money out and history says they have little interest in putting it in. The Americans were sold a pup and this will flag up to anyone looking to get involved.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

You might be able to re-do one or two more stands with that money.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Dream on :lolol:

Spivs and chancers are the only people who have an interest in Palace. They want money out and history says they have little interest in putting it in. The Americans were sold a pup and this will flag up to anyone looking to get involved.

And allegedly the route to money out was via pledging Selhurst with outline planning permission in place for commercial redevelopment only the valuation came in way below the expected sum leaving them unable to leverage the land to:
a) build the main stand and produce additional revenue streams for extraction
or
b) sell the ground, build a new one on the cheap and then sell the club

Meanwhile we move towards sustainability with the Academy AND Ikea development due to come on stream. Lovely stuff.

Oh and did I mention we already have the new ground and world class training facility?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might be able to re-do one or two more stands with that money.

If my memory is correct I believe their main stand is due for completion in approximately 8 months time.
It is currently halfway through the construction period.

Exciting times ahead.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If my memory is correct I believe their main stand is due for completion in approximately 8 months time.
It is currently halfway through the construction period.

Exciting times ahead.

Their entire ground looks like it's halfway through the construction period.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
:D The famous Brighton academy! You lot have never produced anyone decent, Football just isnt in the blood down in Sussex.

I don’t know about that. Our 21 year old centre back, Ben White, is currently on loan at THE Leeds Utd, and their fans are jizzing themselves over him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

F.uck me! Your creditors that you stiffed gifted you almost that much and look where that got you.

It is hardly worth explaining what happened thanks to Tony Bloom-all the while your lot were getting Premier League money and spunking it on what? The likes of Benteke? What about all of the money you received from Man Utd for Boo Ha Ha and the other one? Where did that money go? You lot could be gifted a Billion and you'd still be running close to a third administration-it's what your shit club does.

The Green Eyed Monster in you is a joy to behold. Now run along-you have nothing interesting to say.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What are you on about? BHAFC is fan owned (by one very rich fan).

The goonsquad absolutely HATE the fact that we have the luxury and security of a lifelong 3rd-generation fan bankrolling the club, whilst they are stuck with a ponced-up spiv, and a couple of fly-by-night yanks who nobody ever sees hide nor hair of.

BHA has been built on gradual trusted investment, whereas CPFC2010 is a club built on sand. And the tide is coming in.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Whilst it is obvious you're trolling you know what the majority of that money was spent on yeah? Of course you do so stop being such a cockwomble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here