Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace predicted loss to increase to nearly £800,000 a week

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Not that I understand but with these annual losses are Palace in breach of FFP. Wasn't the previous year a loss of £38 million this just isn't sustainable as a business.
I see last year Palace were valued at £225 million this valuation must have dropped and maybe make the club more attractive to potential buyers subject to Premier survival.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Don't disagree, but in the meantime Mr Bloom has to keep digging deep to fund the whole thing and that shouldn't be taken for granted.

Hold on a minute.. Let's not be too hasty in talking up our losses in the Prem

We made 13m last year and lost 12 this year. So we are up £1m over the two seasons.
Plus we have just signed a super new sponsorship deal with American Express.. Which I think brings in £5m a season.

Some of this year's losses are thought to be one-off due to paying off Chris and Co a & compo for Swansea.
So it is likely our P&L will be back in the black next year.

I agree that Tony has spent a fortune in getting us here, but he is not digging too deep at the moment.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

We made 13m last year and lost 12 this year. So we are up £1m over the two seasons.
Plus we have just signed a super new sponsorship deal with American Express.. Which I think brings in £5m a season.

Some of this year's losses are thought to be one-off due to paying off Chris and Co a & compo for Swansea.

I agree that Tony has spent a fortune in getting us here, but he is not digging too deep at the moment.

Also, we're only a year or so away from producing several million pounds worth of talent per year from the academy, either to sell, or to put in our first team, so the £60m odd a year we've been paying in transfers can be reduced, (or possibly just won't increase as dramatically as it would have done)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In my mind the biggest difference between the clubs is the fact that Bloom has done nothing but fund this club. Disney is the opposite, with an annual salary, rental income and other business drains on the club of significant amounts. Quite how that fact escapes the morons up the road eludes me.

Could you imagine what you would have to pay to get someone with TB's business expertise on the open market :eek:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

We made a profit in our first 4 seasons in this league, It really doesn't get any easier as you try and progress, You lot may find this out down the road..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We made a profit in our first 4 seasons in this league, It really doesn't get any easier as you try and progress, You lot may find this out down the road..

It certainly doesn't, when you start paying several players circa £120-£130k a week.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Also, we're only a year or so away from producing several million pounds worth of talent per year from the academy, either to sell, or to put in our first team, so the £60m odd a year we've been paying in transfers can be reduced, (or possibly just won't increase as dramatically as it would have done)

:D The famous Brighton academy! You lot have never produced anyone decent, Football just isnt in the blood down in Sussex.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
It certainly doesn't, when you start paying several players circa £120-£130k a week.

Very true Easy. It s a fine balancing act between keeping your better players and offloading them at the right time for the right price, Leicester seem to do this very well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:D The famous Brighton academy! You lot have never produced anyone decent, Football just isnt in the blood down in Sussex.

Gareth Barry wasn’t decent? High standards :shrug:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

It might have been a joke a few seasons ago but that is changing pretty quickly. If you haven't noticed we have several youngsters out on loan in the Championship/League 1 and Europe. So there is definite potential for some of these to be sold for good money or break into the First team. Let alone the youngsters playing very well in the Prem League 2 (top division for youth) as well as several u18 who are showing they good enough for the u23's!

This is the level our reserve sides are at now, where we can loan to league clubs.

Remind me again, how many youngsters do you have out on loan to League Clubs?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It might have been a joke a few seasons ago but that is changing pretty quickly. If you haven't noticed we have several youngsters out on loan in the Championship/League 1 and Europe. So there is definite potential for some of these to be sold for good money or break into the First team. Let alone the youngsters playing very well in the Prem League 2 (top division for youth) as well as several u18 who are showing they good enough for the u23's!

This is the level our reserve sides are at now, where we can loan to league clubs.

Albion academy graduate Lewis Dunk seems to be doing OK for himself too.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Not just League clubs but CHAMPION’S LEAGUE clubs (plural)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You clearly have not been paying attention these last few years and have let your prejudices cloud your thinking. Just to remind you, until recently our 'academy' was like yours is now. Unprofessional and in facilities that were terrible-the big difference being that despite our lack of money we never had Environmental Health issues. We now have World Class facilities attracting players with big potential. Meanwhile you lot are still operating out of somebody's back garden and attempting to poison your players and staff.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Barry had a very good career to be fair. How comes he never played for Brighton? Did Villa sign him for bugger all once he turned 16?

Look up the saga of John Gregory and his comments about Barry standing on a beach with a seagull on his head :lolol:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You clearly have not been paying attention these last few years and have let your prejudices cloud your thinking. Just to remind you, until recently our 'academy' was like yours is now. Unprofessional and in facilities that were terrible-the big difference being that despite our lack of money we never had Environmental Health issues. We now have World Class facilities attracting players with big potential. Meanwhile you lot are still operating out of somebody's back garden and attempting to poison your players and staff.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Apart from the fact we have always produced decent players and Brighton has not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here