Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Sun what an absolutely gutter press paper it really is!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How is the story reg Stokes family of any public interest?

A family deals with the grief of a tragedy over 30 years ago and has it all rehashed around the world so The Sun gets a sensation story!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
How is the story reg Stokes family of any public interest?

A family deals with the grief of a tragedy over 30 years ago and has it all rehashed around the world so The Sun gets a sensation story!

The simple answer is not to ever buy a copy.
It's a comic, and a poor one at that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Scumbag paper with less than no morals. Disgusting that they're allowed to make money whilst actively making the country a worse place.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It isn't in the public interest, and is a tragedy that happened in Ben's family before he was even born. It is worse than gutter press, and I think the Leveson inquiry should have had more clout.

Yes I believe in a free press but not to cause people severe distress, who are not even in the public eye.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Sun = A comic for morons.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's an incredible story.
You would have thought they would have to seek permission to print something like this.

The fact that Stokes has never spoken about it, should be a big enough clue that maybe they should ask permission first.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's an incredible story.
You would have thought they would have to seek permission to print something like this.

The fact that Stokes has never spoken about it, should be a big enough clue that maybe they should ask permission first.

It happened two years before he was even born.

In a statement, Stokes said the story concerned "events in the private lives of my family, going back more than 31 years" and had "serious inaccuracies which has compounded the damage caused".

"The decision to publish these details has grave and lifelong consequences for my mum in particular," he said.

The Durham and England all-rounder added: "To use my name as an excuse to shatter the privacy and private lives of - in particular - my parents is utterly disgusting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49726913

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With all that is happening in the world at the moment, not least in our own heartland of British politics, one would of thought that they had richer pickings than this.

Then again, when was the Sun ever a "news" paper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here