Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 109
  1. #51

    0 Not allowed!
    Without Sky’s financial input into English Cricket, the central contract system wouldn’t have got off the ground, and Stokes wouldn’t earn the kind of money he currently does, unfortunately the downside is Sky and The Sun are from the same stable.

    It is gutter journalism of the worse kind, but unfortunately if you lay down with dogs you might end up getting fleas.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So 14M leave voters are not Sun/Express/Mail readers................hmmm. Another stereotyping fail then.
      Many of us know about your habit of making impenetrable remarks and then completely ignoring polite requests to clarify them, but I shall try.

      *Clears throat*

      "Your comment clearly implies that I am stereotyping Leave voters by suggesting they all read the Sun, Express or Mail, when in fact 14m of them (your figure) don't. Can you please explain where I have said anything of the sort, or indeed said anything other than the fact that the three newspapers described by another as toilet paper are also the leading Brexit-promoting tabloids."
    • #53
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      52,534


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Rather disingenuous of you to put 'brown people' in quotes like that. Implies that is a quote from the Daily Mail.
      If I were quoting them I would have used " ", for a quotation.

      Instead I used ' ' to indicate the subtext of the story.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

      .
    • #54
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      171


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Never buy the Sun, of course.

      But the Sun is just one of a number of mouthpieces for the Murdoch empire. If Murdoch wants to close one and move it's message to one of its other outlets it can, and did with the News of the World.

      But the Murdoch empire doesn't make much of it's money from print media any more. It mostly still exists not to make money but to push a political agenda.

      If you want to hurt the Murdoch empire, cancelling your Sky Sports subscription, (which is what their real money spinner is) and telling everyone why your doing it is the only realistic thing you can do. I did for these reasons, and I hate missing all those Albion games, but feel a bit better about myself.
      If you want to watch Brighton games at 3.pm and don't want to contribute to Sky I can point you in the direction of how to watch them. PM me.
    • #55
      Members Bold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      21,345


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Rider View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Without Sky’s financial input into English Cricket, the central contract system wouldn’t have got off the ground, and Stokes wouldn’t earn the kind of money he currently does, unfortunately the downside is Sky and The Sun are from the same stable.

      It is gutter journalism of the worse kind, but unfortunately if you lay down with dogs you might end up getting fleas.
      I don't really understand your point. Stokes earns a healthy sum from playing cricket, but he has no other choice but to enter into a central contract to play for England. Do all England players sign that contract with clause 2.4.1: if you sign this you'll have to accept all invasions of privacy into your private lives and those of your family?

      Are you saying because they earn a certain amount of money, they have to accept this kind of gutter press?
    • #56

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In some ways the Mail is worse than the Sun and it pretends to be a credible news source. That said the Telegraph these days isn't far behind...
      I was wondering when the first poster to bring in the telegraph also would raise his ugly head, desperate to simplistically lump everyone together who does not share his opinion.
    • #57
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Location
      Coldean
      Posts
      6,072


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't really understand your point. Stokes earns a healthy sum from playing cricket, but he has no other choice but to enter into a central contract to play for England. Do all England players sign that contract with clause 2.4.1: if you sign this you'll have to accept all invasions of privacy into your private lives and those of your family?

      Are you saying because they earn a certain amount of money, they have to accept this kind of gutter press?
      It's nothing to do with money, unfortunately rags like this cant bear to see anyone being successful and will go out of their way to try and damage them, whether it be Beckham, Stokes, Sterling or even the likes of Tom Daley.

      Await the stories about Jofra Archer growing up.
    • #58
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      27,608


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The Sun, The Mail and the Express - all toilet paper
      Not forgetting The Mirror. They illegally hacked the mobiles of the innocent, begrudgingly admitted when forced to pay out millions in damages.
    • #59
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)
      Posts
      30,168


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hastings gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I was wondering when the first poster to bring in the telegraph also would raise his ugly head, desperate to simplistically lump everyone together who does not share his opinion.
      Have you seen the quality of the comments left on stories in the Telegraph lately?
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
    • #60
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      27,608


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Juan Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you seen the quality of the comments left on stories in the Telegraph lately?
      Want to make this political, i.e. only talk about non-Labour papers, rather than NSC to reach a rare consensus about scummy antics by any papers? Then let’s bring in the disgraceful questioning by The Guardian of David Cameron’s grief over his disabled lad’s death. They only apologised after a furore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •