Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] St Pauli v Hamburg SV (7.30)Ostigard starts, Gyökeres sub.

Screenshot_20190916-191918.pngAnother big home crowd for the visit of their giant neighbours, who only need a point to go top after six rounds.
Live coverage on the Dutch site. They were both subs the last match but Ostigard came on. St Pauli (a superb of Hamburg) are struggling near the bottom of Bundesliga 2.

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
View attachment 115327Another big home crowd for the visit of their giant neighbours, who only need a point to go top after six rounds.
Live coverage on the Dutch site. They were both subs the last match but Ostigard came on. St Pauli (a superb of Hamburg) are struggling near the bottom of Bundesliga 2.

Quite an understatement to describe St Pauli as merely a suburb. :) Ostigard has just had St Pauli's best chance with the header just over the bar. Surprised VG has been benched for most of the season. Given their average performances this season, I thought he would have been given his chance.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The German football experience is just so, so much better

No any European football game experience is better. It's what an atmosphere should be without aggro.

I choose to ignore it here as it's pretty much crap

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
No any European football game experience is better. It's what an atmosphere should be without aggro.

I choose to ignore it here as it's pretty much crap

Defo not without aggro! You find a lot of trouble in European domestic football still - more so than here, for sure. Germany included.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very true but from my experiences the German scene betters that of Spain, France, Belgium, Portugal and Italy.

Id agree. Although having been to 4 german games, I would also say that away from the ultras, far fewer people react to what's going on the pitch like they do here. In two experiences barely even getting that excited about a goal. Even amongst the ultras, often they're not actually really reacting to what's going on on the pitch. That's one thing English football does have in terms of atmosphere. And the humorous, reactive chants etc.

As for France, crowds are quite small away from the big few teams, and Italy's grounds are often half empty! (But can be very loud and passionate). Spain very hit and miss.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Id agree. Although having been to 4 german games, I would also say that away from the ultras, far fewer people react to what's going on the pitch like they do here. In two experiences barely even getting that excited about a goal. Even amongst the ultras, often they're not actually really reacting to what's going on on the pitch. That's one thing English football does have in terms of atmosphere. And the humorous, reactive chants etc.

As for France, crowds are quite small away from the big few teams, and Italy's grounds are often half empty! (But can be very loud and passionate). Spain very hit and miss.

When you think of fans in Europe i automatically think of Greece. It's insane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rYhxi8a9pM

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here