Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] St Pauli v Hamburg SV (7.30)Ostigard starts, Gyökeres sub.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
FT 2-0. Fully deserved and could have been more when HSV were caught on the counter attack a few times. Game finished over ten minutes ago and the team are still celebrating with the fans. The Reeperbahn & St Pauli will be lively tonight! Solid performance from Ostigard. Gyokeres never got off the bench.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
FT 2-0. Fully deserved and could have been more when HSV were caught on the counter attack a few times. Game finished over ten minutes ago and the team are still celebrating with the fans. The Reeperbahn & St Pauli will be lively tonight! Solid performance from Ostigard. Gyokeres never got off the bench.

On a school night, too.
The Amex would've have been 2/3rds empty on 85 minutes, let alone 10 minutes after the game. :annoyed:

They let go a 0-3 lead in their last match (drawn), so maybe were in a false position. Looks like they're on the up now Screenshot_20190916-215815.png

They each play 12 games fewer than our second tier, so not even ¾ of a Championship season.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah. They are bonkers.

Football's shit though. Take your pick, do you want to watch a stadium full of pyro ponces, or a decent performance at the highest level? :shrug:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Stayed in St Pauli for My wife's birthday back in May. Ended up being in the red light district Reeperbahn, oh well...

Would love to catch a German game. They say it's cheaper to travel to Germany and back and pay the walk up tickets than to watch some premier league games.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
There are some one-time giants fallen among the dwarves of 2.Bundesliga, aren't there?

I mean to the extent that everyone except Dortmund and FC Bayern aren't dwarves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Football's shit though. Take your pick, do you want to watch a stadium full of pyro ponces, or a decent performance at the highest level? :shrug:

In Sweden the big teams have insane support (not always been the case) and I choose an experience with 30 000 people singing and jumping in the pyro smoke above any good dribbler or world class tackle. I realise that in the UK you have grown accustomed to people being spectators rather than fans, but tbh you are missing out (sadly).

To me, football is about the fans, not about watching as many £20m players as possible. If that was the case, I could just sit home watch Barcelona every week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In Sweden the big teams have insane support (not always been the case) and I choose an experience with 30 000 people singing and jumping in the pyro smoke above any good dribbler or world class tackle. I realise that in the UK you have grown accustomed to people being spectators rather than fans, but tbh you are missing out (sadly).

To me, football is about the fans, not about watching as many £20m players as possible. If that was the case, I could just sit home watch Barcelona every week.

Point. You have one. Me...fence.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Oh yes great, might as well sit next to a forest fire. That is awful. I go to watch football not fill my lungs with acrid smoke. One flare is bad enough.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I don’t need to sing and dance in pyro smoke to get off for my football ta very much and quite enjoy going to the Amex....sure atmosphere could be better....but if you like it that much go move to Sweden then...personally I’ll be supporting my club ..I’m a fan you see

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Oh yes great, might as well sit next to a forest fire. That is awful. I go to watch football not fill my lungs with acrid smoke. One flare is bad enough.

Yeah or like existing close to a road with cars.. awful stuff.. happens to a lot of us though.

Its almost as if there is no way to be 100% safe from pollution, accidents, unhealthy food and other dangers. Its almost as if you should just give up, accept you might not turn 100 years old and just live the days you got to the fullest - just ignore the fact that the beer you had is up to no good.

People seem very keen on using every possible argument to defend a football culture that has been raped by politicians, commercial interests and Saudi-Qatarian-Chinese club owners keen on filling the arenas with their NPC business partners and wealthy tourists.

The other day I saw some FA Cup game played on Highbury just 20 years ago or so and only in that relatively short time period, it was obvious that the change is immense. They've turned the PL into some dead ****ing art show or cheese exhibition or whatever and people just buy it.

Stockholm?

That's AIK Athens, surely!

Ehe, you'd imagine.. but no. While we are completely dead as a people and society, our football is alive and kicking.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No doubt our resident Rik (the peoples poet) wet his pants over this

Seriously I don’t think the StP will care about the rest of the season given this result. They don’t want to get promoted so this game and the return are everything

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Says something really when even the Swedes - who seem to be pretty calm, chilled folk on the whole compared to the likes of the Greeks and Turkish who are a bit bonkers and insanely passionate in life in general - can muster that kind of atmosphere.

As others have said though, I'm not bothered about pyro etc, we've never gone in for that in this country really, but we really have lost something atmosphere wise in our stadiums, hugely because of pricing and the level of customer 'experience' packages we have now. Prime example being Spurs' new stadium and all the ridiculously fancy stuff they have, and even the new 'Dugout' 'experience' at the Amex.

The Premier League being a world wide phenomenon hasn't helped, either. So many tourists at the games soaking up the 'experience'

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Are you allowed to 'Vape' in your stadiums.? or is that considered a health risk ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here