Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] St Pauli v Hamburg SV (7.30)Ostigard starts, Gyökeres sub.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeah or like existing close to a road with cars.. awful stuff.. happens to a lot of us though.

Its almost as if there is no way to be 100% safe from pollution, accidents, unhealthy food and other dangers. Its almost as if you should just give up, accept you might not turn 100 years old and just live the days you got to the fullest - just ignore the fact that the beer you had is up to no good.

People seem very keen on using every possible argument to defend a football culture that has been raped by politicians, commercial interests and Saudi-Qatarian-Chinese club owners keen on filling the arenas with their NPC business partners and wealthy tourists.

The other day I saw some FA Cup game played on Highbury just 20 years ago or so and only in that relatively short time period, it was obvious that the change is immense. They've turned the PL into some dead ****ing art show or cheese exhibition or whatever and people just buy it.

Ehe, you'd imagine.. but no. While we are completely dead as a people and society, our football is alive and kicking.
Damn right. Money has had a big negative impact on the game for me. Better facilities, better players but a lesser experience and far more predictable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Football's shit though. Take your pick, do you want to watch a stadium full of pyro ponces, or a decent performance at the highest level? :shrug:

Spot on! I like German football because on the whole, it’s a very good, competitive standard. I also think they don’t over-do the pyro and at times can be very creative.

Like someone alluded to it’s cheap too. I can do 3 matches in 2 days flying into Düsseldorf for less than an away day in Manchester/Liverpool! Done 23 German grounds now and think it’s class.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
They don't do that madness at Borussia Mönchengladbach, and rightly so! They focus on the actual football, rather than some smoke and flares display.

I want to experience a game at Dortmund - the yellow wall is unbelievable for atmosphere. And capacity!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Says something really when even the Swedes - who seem to be pretty calm, chilled folk on the whole compared to the likes of the Greeks and Turkish who are a bit bonkers and insanely passionate in life in general - can muster that kind of atmosphere.

As others have said though, I'm not bothered about pyro etc, we've never gone in for that in this country really, but we really have lost something atmosphere wise in our stadiums, hugely because of pricing and the level of customer 'experience' packages we have now. Prime example being Spurs' new stadium and all the ridiculously fancy stuff they have, and even the new 'Dugout' 'experience' at the Amex.

The Premier League being a world wide phenomenon hasn't helped, either. So many tourists at the games soaking up the 'experience'

I did hear a rumour that PB was considering a section where, for a premium price.you can have a view restricted by smoke for 90 minutes and have the noise made by a few of the crowd enhanced many times over until it becomes deafening and within that section.:cheery::vuvu:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I did hear a rumour that PB was considering a section where, for a premium price.you can have a view restricted by smoke for 90 minutes and have the noise made by a few of the crowd enhanced many times over until it becomes deafening and within that section.:cheery::vuvu:

Actually some of it is already implemented: when PL teams play in Europe, you can sometimes actually hear the away section singing!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Oh, you mean the away section when Palace are visiting ... except for the 'deafening' bit, obviously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here