Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first goal that Arsenal conceded yesterday.............

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apparently as it was a “restart” VAR did not adjudicate. Not sure what the thinking is behind a “restart” infringement being any different to any others but that’s the rules apparently (as per the match commentary) More VAR BS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If thats the case, that really is an absolute nonsense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Apparently as it was a “restart” VAR did not adjudicate. Not sure what the thinking is behind a “restart” infringement being any different to any others but that’s the rules apparently (as per the match commentary) More VAR BS.

But that's immaterial. VAR checks goals, penalties, straight reds and mistaken identity. As a goal resulted from the restart and it was in the same phase of play (I think nailing this might be the most controversial aspect of VAR's rules), VAR would have checked it.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
But that's immaterial. VAR checks goals, penalties, straight reds and mistaken identity. As a goal resulted from the restart and it was in the same phase of play (I think nailing this might be the most controversial aspect of VAR's rules), VAR would have checked it.

Only going by what the commentators said,seems a nonsense but they did make a point of it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was late to turn against CH, but I'm still glad we did. If there was one thing that irked me about our attritional style in the PL it was the utter predictability of our goal kick and throw-in routines. It's important to mix-and-match under Potter and, from what I've seen so far, that's exactly what we're doing. I'd also like to see the occasional ball played long to a swift forward (Maupay, most obviously) as Ederson has done to Aguero on a few occasions, ditto Schmeichel for Vardy.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I was late to turn against CH, but I'm still glad we did. If there was one thing that irked me about our attritional style in the PL it was the utter predictability of our goal kick and throw-in routines. It's important to mix-and-match under Potter and, from what I've seen so far, that's exactly what we're doing. I'd also like to see the occasional ball played long to a swift forward (Maupay, most obviously) as Ederson has done to Aguero on a few occasions, ditto Schmeichel for Vardy.

Aye - I got an assist from Ederson in my Fantasy PL team last year.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Yeah but that’s ONE goal in how many matches?
Who is to say that we wouldn’t have conceded 2, 3 or 10 more by hoofing it out and giving away possession?
Also, by passing out we have opened teams up quite a few times.

I say, Keep the ball.

If you care to read back through the thread nobody was advocating that the alternative was to simply hoof it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Chelsea's first goal today! Told you so!

Yeah but that’s ONE goal in how many matches?
Who is to say that we wouldn’t have conceded 2, 3 or 10 more by hoofing it out and giving away possession?

If you care to read back through the thread nobody was advocating that the alternative was to simply hoof it.

To be fair, we are pretty adept at conceding playing either style.

Their first goal was absolutley giftwrapped, as a result of players not good enough to play tippy-tappy across the back playing tippy-tappy across the back.

And their second goal came from a speculative diagonal punt from left midfield that failed woefully to reach it's man. We lost possession on the edge of their box and 4 seconds later it was in the back of our net.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here