Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Milan recommendations please

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Restaurants. Cocktail bars. Things to do/see. Things to avoid. Good city walking routes. Just the city please, not the lakes etc.

Thank you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
San Siro is a good stadium tour

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don't join in any terrace chants about Lukaku

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Don’t touch anything of the guys walking round selling tat unless you plan on buying it. If you are with a female they will target her unfortunately for them when we went she was the one telling them to f*** off! And if you pay to have a walk round the duomo I highly recommend the extra €5-7 to walk around the roof tops

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most disappointing city I have ever been to. Heard loads of hype about it before I went but found it boring. Hardly any places to eat during the day except the really expensive tourist area.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Avoid the area around the main train station, I know station areas are generally a collection area for low lifes but Milan was a different level scum everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Probably my least favourite city in Italy and I’ve spent a lot of time over there. Milan just doesn’t have that ‘old city ‘ hub in it. The Navigli area is ok and of course the Duomo is magnificent but if you put up ‘Things to do’ in a city and the football stadium comes up 4th ....... well.
Of course if one likes shopping.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I worked there for a while. the Navigli canal was my favourite area, lots of bars and restuarants.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Thank you people. Tonight in Navigli, cocktails at Strainer, dinner at El Brellin. 3 lads are at the Slavia Prague game.
Tomorrow strolling around duomo and arty stuff.
Tomorrow night private dinner in Navigli hosted by a chef couple, got very lucky with this one, found it on Airbnb experiences.
Thursday trip to Como, cruise on the lake to Bellagio and Varenna.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
See the Duomo and Leonardo da Vinci's Last Supper
Risotto
Ice-cream from Venchi stores

The Last Supper is a MUST. it is slowly disappearing into the wall it was painted on. However, you must book as it is so popular. When I saw it many, many years ago you could just walk off the street. Not now though.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here